Chapter 21

Somehow I had woken up just before everyone else and left the Hamilton's home quietly. I rode home on one of the horses they had. How else would I have got home? 

I didn't want to stay because I'm pretty sure that Alexander wasn't supposed to be there last night. I feel bad for Eliza having to be with him. She deserves much better than that mess. 

Once I walked into the house I immediately basically walked out of my shoes before going to my bedroom. I walked through the living room to get to my room before something caught my eye.

"Thomas?" I looked over at the couch to see a disheveled sleeping Thomas Jefferson. He didn't move when I called out his name so I assumed that he was tired. I pulled a blanket over him before going to my room as I was before. 

I put on a different outfit and made my self look more presentable than before. My stomach started to rumble a little bit so I went to the kitchen. Sitting at the table was my dad having some breakfast. 

"He came here last night." he said as I grabbed a glass.

"What did he come for?" I asked him getting some water.

"He came to see you. I thought that you and him were no longer together." 

"We aren't together anymore." I replied wishing it wasn't true. 

"I don't think that's what he wants. I also think that is not what you want as well. Give him another chance. I know he cares." he said now finished eating. 

"It's not about if he cares. It's about if he cares enough." I told him as he put his dishes in the sink.

"Just make sure whatever you decide is what you really want." 

"Thanks Dad." 

He left the kitchen to do whatever he does this time of morning. I sat down with my drink looking out the window at the beautiful morning. It was nice and quiet in the house at this time. That is until I heard movement coming from the living room. 

"Hello." Thomas said as he walked into view.

"Good morning." I replied to him. He took a seat at the table across from me. He did look a little more put together than before when he was on the couch. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep on your couch. I came over here to talk to you and I guess I just got a little sleepy." he said.

"It's okay Thomas. I just got home earlier this morning. What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked him. There couldn't be anything he really needed to talk to me about.

"I just wanted to catch up." Thomas replied but I could tell it was a lie,"What were you doing last night?"

"Thomas that was a lie. There's nothing that we need to catch up on. And last night I just went out to a bar with Peggy." I said.

"Oh you went to a bar?" Thomas said a bit surprised.

"Yeah. I just wanted to do something for once instead of staying in this house." 

"Y/N, I miss you." Thomas said suddenly.

"Thomas I thought we both decided that we weren't good together." 

"Y/N you know that's a lie. Please just give me another chance. I promise I'll make it worth it. I'll be better. I'll be ten times better than before." Thomas pleaded and I sat there for a moment.

"Okay Thomas." 

Immediately his face lit up,"Y/N you won't regret this. Please come over on Friday to Monticello. We can have dinner together. It'll be perfect."

"I'll see you then Thomas. Do you have a ride to get home now?" I asked him smiling at how happy he was.

"Yes. I will talk to you soon." he smiled leaving the house. 

I don't think I've ever seen him this happy.

And hopefully I won't regret this Friday.

·-·

I wrote this while watching Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs cause why not.
I think I'm going to start writing a new book tonight too...