All Assembled

Along with Alphros, the party heading north to Minas Tirith picked up another traveler. Nemir was her name, a relative of the Dol Amorth royalty. She was a pretty thing, pale with curly dark hair. She was another suitor for Eldarion. Alphros did not like her.

“Thank you for taking me North, Lord Elboron,” Nemir said kindly and with a curtsy. Her royal blue dress was trimmed with white and blew pleasantly in the wind as she nodded him.

“Of course, Lady Nemir,” Elboron gestured for her get inside the horse drawn cart they had obtained for her and the Haradrim royalty. “You are royalty to us.”

Nemir hopped aboard, followed by Malika and Adira. Throughout the journey, Malika made small talk with the newcomer, curious about what her life was like. Nemir seemed hesitant. She didn't want to talk to Malika. She wanted to talk to the other suitor.

“So, Adira is it?” Nemir started with a sweet smile. “Nice name. I like the Southron language, though it is rather… rough around the edges.”

“Adira is correct.” The tan skinned woman nodded. She didn't like the comment about her language. “And you are Nemir of Dol Amroth? I would say Elvish is a strange tongue as well.”

Nemir narrowed her eyes but sighed. “Perhaps my comment was taken the wrong way. I merely meant to say I do not fully understand it yet.”

“I do not know Sindarin fully either. I suppose the Common Tongue will have to suffice,” Adira agreed.

They spent the first day on basic pleasantries. As the days passed and they grew closer to Minas Tirith, Nemir seemed to close herself off. Her blue eyes shined with a strange light, as if seeing the White City had kindled something in her. Something that made Adira uncomfortable.

“Welcome to Minas Tirith,” Fëalas told them as they stopped before the great gates. The great bottom wall, black as night, was at first menacing to the Haradrim newcomers. But then they saw the mithril reinforced gates, open to allow traffic in and out of the huge city. Somehow it beckoned them in.

Adira put her veil on, feeling exposed when she noted all the people. Malika, having changed into a dress on her sister’s insistence, squirmed to get a better look of their surroundings and the cart rolled in through the gates. She got up on her knees to look at the people they passed by. She saw many commoners, all who looked right back at her in curiosity and amazement. Her darker skin and “odd” way of dressing was enough to set her apart, but add in the royal escort and people certainly took notice.

Eventually they reached the uppermost circle. Here, citadel guards with giant helmets and tall spears guarded the way to the King. Fëalas dismissed her rangers to the handle the horses while she and Elboron helped Nemir, Adira, and Malika out of the cart. Malika stood in awe. Nemir nearly laughed at her reaction.

Suddenly the doors to the citadel swung open and out walked a large group of people. In front went King Elessar and Queen Arwen. Beside the King, his son Eldarion walked, obviously trying to look happy but failing. To Arwen’s side were Amdirien and Sídhil. Aderthon went beside his cousin Eldarion. Behind them walked Merry, Pippin, and a third hobbit.

Her golden hair fell in ruffling curls to her chest, and her rosy cheeks spoke of laughter. Her two children stood behind her. Elanor Gardner,eldest child of Sam Gamgee, was her name. And her children were Fíriel and Elfstan. To their side went Círeth.

Near her, a tall man with ruffled blonde hair and a woman with light brown hair walked, the woman carrying a young boy. These were Prince Elfwine, his wife, Lady Delwyn, and their three year old son Eldric. Eldarion had met her only once, four years ago, at their marriage. He had never met the child.