A Rescue Gone South

Song of the Chapter

Lose my life ~ Papercut Massacre

Quote of the chapter

Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy. ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Probably my favourite quote right now. Also just finished the Modern warfare 2 campaign for the 80th time so hence my military talk in this chapter. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone on Noble team face's went pale when they heard Chaos has been captured while they stared in horror at the Grey skin man they heard shouting and screaming in the back round. 

"We will be there  are you still under attack?" Michael asked the grey man. 

"No sir, the attack came and ended in about an hour, we are doing a tally of wounded and dead as we speak now. We have a cruiser coming to you and should be there in thirty minutes." 

"Thank you for your report Gerlad. See you in an hour." Michael replied.

"Sir." Gerlad said putting his right arm over his chest his clenched fist over his heart. The mist dissolved.

"Who was that?" Annabeth asked. 

"That was Gerlad captain of the defense of Genesis." Merlin replied. 

"Wow guess some one is amazing at their job." Tristan smirked. 

Michael grabbed his sword by the hilt and pulled it half way out till Zoe grabbed his arm. 

"That is enough from the both of you." Zoe snarled, more angry at Tristan than her fiance, but unfortunately, they had more important matters to attend to than  dealing with an overly egotistical douche bag.

"Go attend your fallen and wounded, we will be gone for at least twenty four hours, try not to be decimated." Michael said coldly, he bent down and grabbed Hacks limp body and carry it to their cabin. After waiting for half an hour and deactivating Hacks armour and cleaning her dead body, Noble team pulled themselves together. All with the exception of Fury who never shown any type of emotion other than anger or sadistic joy. 

As they all filed into the cruiser the pilot picked up on their mood and gave them a nod of respect before taking off, Michael turned on some music the song 'Warrior' by Beth Crowley started to play. With a deep sigh he sat beside Zoe and held her hand as he stared absently at the floor, missing the heartbroken look Zoe gave him, she knowing that above everything else Michael hated losing some one close to him and will take it on all the blame for himself. After a half an hour they arrived in Genesis, the fires visible from the outer atmosphere. When they arrived none of the royal guards greeted them, which was unusual now that Chaos was gone they should be there. The only one to meet them was Gerlad and their faithful companions.  

"Where are the Royal guards?" Fate asked, as he stroked Lilith's head. 

"Dead, killed doing their duty they fought to their last breaths, all of them." Gerlad said sadly. 

"What is the tally?" Stephan asked. 

"Over two hundred dead, and over a hundred wounded. We were taken by surprise." Gerlad replied a tear sliding down his face.

"What happened Gerlad? How did this happen?" Michael questioned. 

"Night Stalkers, they came from nowhere, they had over one hundred troops that made a beeline for your fathers office. I was fighting the other soldiers, after my battle, their ship raced off and Chaos was nowhere to be found, sir."