Chapter 53 - Rain Check

A/N: My thoughts and prayers go out to those in London yesterday. Let's love, not hate. 🇬🇧❤️

***Bea's POV

"I'll get the whipped cream if you check on the kids," Harry says, handing me my pink robe.

"Deal," I nod in acceptance of his offer and he kisses my cheek.

I smile at his sweet gesture as he walks out of our bedroom and I sigh at the sight of him in his blue robe.

I swear, that man can wear anything, although, I'd prefer he wear nothing. No, don't get yourself all worked up, Bea. You need to check on the kids.

I get out of bed, tying my robe closed and I half-walk, half-limp to our bathroom. Even though I feel a twinge of pain in my bum, the discomfort is drastically overshadowed by the beautiful fact that my husband loves me.

Having that intimate time with Harry strengthened our already strong relationship and I feel so much more connected to him emotionally.

And his heart scare made me realize just how much I love and need him.

After I clean myself up and brush my teeth, I fix my hair in the vanity mirror, noticing a glow on my face. I have no doubt that it's because of the mind-blowing orgasm my husband just gave me.

With a smile, I turn off the light and walk back into our bedroom, surprised to see that Harry's not already naked in our bed with half the can of whipped cream on himself.

Shaking my head with a smile, I make my way out of our bedroom. The hallway is quiet, which is a good sign that my kids aren't upset and I decide to check on Ferris first.

I slowly open the door and have to cover my mouth to stifle my mewl because she's sitting up in her crib, playing with and talking to her dolly.

My sweet- uh oh. She saw me. Crap.

"Mommy, hold you," she pouts, standing up and she reaches out for me.

"It's okay, Ferris," I coo with a smile as I walk over to her, feeling my heart turn into mommy mush. "C'mere, oh wait, I can't pick you up."

Thinking quickly, I unlock the crib's railing and slide it down, internally patting myself on the back.

"Okay, hold Mommy's hands and sit on your bum, and then you can slide down," I say in a fun voice and Ferris follows my instructions. "Yay! Good job, big girl."

She agrees with me and suddenly I'm yesterday's news because she spots her toys and runs over squealing. I smile at my sweet girl's happiness and decide to take advantage of this time to check on Sebastian.

The Mission Impossible theme song plays in my head as I walk out of her room and carefully close the gate, all without drawing attention.

The name's Hunt. Ethan Hunt.

As I walk down the hall, my smile fades when I hear my baby's cries. I open the door and walk over to his crib, feeling my body respond to his cries for help.

Glad I'm wearing my nursing bra.

"It's okay, little man," I coo, picking him up to cradle in my arms. "Mommy's here. Yeah, I've got you," I kiss his little head before laying him on the changing table and I wipe the spit up from his chin. "Let's change your diaper, Mr. Stinky."

After nearly two minutes of breathing into my robe's collar, I swaddle Sebastian in his blanket and cradle him in my arms.

"Let's go see your sister," I say as if he understands, smiling to myself as I make my way to Ferris' room.