Chapter 17

"You can stay here..." started Dr. Fletcher with a serious tone "But there are some rules that need to be followed for my clients' sake. They come here to get reassured, to tell their problems and they need to feel calm and safe for that. So during that time, I would like you to stay in the guest room or go outside if possible."

"Alright, no problem!" You nodded gratefully "Do they come in certain time? I mean for the sessions."

"Usually we discuss the dates, but it has also happened that they asked for emergency sessions, just like you did now, for example. But that's not that common, only if they have got anxiety or panic attack." She explained calmly.

You bit your lower lip while thinking "And how will I know that I can come back? How can I reach you?"

"You can send me an e-mail, I check that pretty frequently."

Dennis crossed his arms frowning "You must have a phone-"

"My phone!!" You cut him out with a loud crying out.

Both of them flinched to the sudden exclaim of yours and looked at you confusedly. With a small hesitation, you scratched the back of your head, smiling embarrassedly.

"Uhm... it's just.." you started in a weak voice, "I-I think my phone was left there.. in that place."

"Oh" Dennis said after being hit by the realization. "Yeah, I remember putting into my drawer.." the therapist frowned to him. "I'm going to go and bring it back to you after we finished with this."

"Alright, thank you" you smiled at him and he did the same in return.

"So?" He turned back to the old woman "Would it be okay if she called you on phone?"

"I don't know Dennis.." She crossed her arms, hesitating "You know exactly why I stand upon the e-mails. Some of my clients would take it as an offense if I break the sessions by picking up the phone."

"Please Dr.Fletcher just for these days." He asked her in a serious tone. She stopped to think for a minute so a deep silence has fallen onto the tree of you. You were still sitting in that chair obediently, listening to the other two's discussion. You most likely wouldn't have had the courage even to ask the therapist to let you stay here, but thanks to your partner, everything seemed to be working just fine. You would have never thought that he was such a willful and stubborn man after all. But his help was huge for you now.

"Alright," she sighed frustratedly "it's just for few days anyway." 

A wide grin appeared on your face after hearing her answer "Thank you! Thank you so much!" You exclaimed and quickly stood up to go closer to her in order to shake her hand.

"Gosh why am I so permissive when it comes to helping others.." said the woman with a heartwarming smile as she accepted your grateful handshake.

Dennis though, he only observed this, and he couldn't help but smile at you. He knew that Dr. Fletcher was a trustworthy choice and even if the two of you had to reveal that secret of yours, she wouldn't tell that anyone. Because of first thing first, she wanted to examine you too. And this gave enough time. He knew that eventually when you'll feel safe again, you'll face with your problems anyway. But at least during this time you had a roof over your head.

____________________________

After finally discussing everything, your partner decided to quickly go back to your phone leaving the two of you alone. The therapist invited you to the dining table for a cup of hot tea that she had been making before you stepped in. Accepting it, both of you sat down with now the cups in your hands.