Chapter 23- Afire Love

Sorry I've been lacking with updates, but I have so many more chapters coming soon!!!💝

JJ's POV

I wondered what Simon was doing at this moment. I wondered if Simon had his cast off at all. I wondered if Simon had gotten any worse at GTA, or was that even possible? I couldn't wait to sometime see him again and those questions can be resolved themselves- I still had some positivity left, I felt like I had to. I will see him again one day, I will, I will, I will.

~
'Olajide explain to me why you aren't doing any of the work you've been set!' Shouts my religious studies teacher as she turns around from the whiteboard to face me.

I normally have a really good comeback for situations like these, but today I couldn't get my head straight, so I just kept staring at her, keeping eye contact and not saying anything in response. My hand stilled on the desk and edged no where near to my pen as I sighed heavily and held my head in my hands.

'If you have no response, Olajide, I'm going to have to give you a detention as an act of defiance. I'll see you after school for fifteen minutes' Said my teacher as she made her way over to her computer to issue the detention

'Bullshit' I mutter softly under my breath, but soon realising it wasn't soft enough

'What was that you just said?' Shouts my teacher again as she quickly jumps up from her seat at her desk, but before she could say much more, I rush off out of the room, pushing empty chairs out of my way and slam the door behind me as I leave. My teacher is left with no words and my class erupts in shouts and a chorus of laughter.

I begin walking as far away as possible from my class and soon I'm eventually met with a row of lockers. I glance around me until the coast was clear, and without thinking, I start punching the lockers as hard as I could until I eventually make my fingers bleed unintentionally and I feel tears run down my face. I continue taking all my anger out on the lockers in front of me but everything seems to happen so quickly from then on; I feel hands grab my waist and hear distorted sounds calling out my name as I try my best to get away, but I'm quickly grabbed once again and pulled back down the corridor by a pair of strong arms.

My tears flood down to my school shirt and tie as I hear Simon's name being played over and over again in my head, and I try my best to block it out, but nothing seems to work. I'm still screaming when I hear my head teacher dial my mum's phone number and ask for her to come over.