Andrew : [ The Mirror]

“ You're perfect.”

He caressed her clammy cheeks, and reassured her that despite the obvious, she was worthy of love.

But not just any love, she was worthy of his love.

“ You're the most gorgeous
thing I've ever laid eyes on.”
And for the first time in what she deemed to be her pathetic existence, she felt loved.
Appreciated.
Cared for.

For so long, she had convinced herself that she was everything unworthy, everything less than.
She was not as pretty, smart, attractive or sexy like the other girls.

The other girls.

The girls who had all the boys slobbering at their feet...
slaving for their attention...
thrashing about in hopes of receiving so much as a glance.

Oh no, she was not like the other girls.

She was average.

° ° °
And yet, she was everything more than special. Worthy, beautiful, attractive, smart, gorgeous and everything more.

She was Venus, a goddess.
She was the sun, moon and all the stars. She was the apple of someone's eye.

She was perfect because her mirror told her so.

She was perfect because Andrew told her so.

And whatever he declared, that she became .

Andrew was her mirror, an unprecedented reflection of all the things she hoped to have, hoped to be and all the love she hoped to gain.