Chapter 17: Chasing Death

Liam's POV:

The hooded man start screaming at me to get on the couch next to my mom. Instead, I stand there, shell shocked. I'm not sure how to move or react. My brain is yelling at my body to do something, but it doesn't. The shooter moves his arm so the gun is pointed at my mom, then claims that he'll shoot my mom if I don't. I begin to walk over towards the couch, but my mom begins to shake her head furiously. I have to think of something. I need to say something or do something or make or plan or react in any way. I stand there between the man that might kill me and the person I can't let die. I finally come up with a plan. I walk over and wrap my arms around my mom, giving her a hug. The man starts yelling again,

"GET ON THE COUCH NEXT TO YOUR MOM." I respond as quick as I can,

"Can't a son just hug his mother? I want to make sure that she knows I love her." He gives a large groan.

"You have 15 more seconds." I continue to hang on to my mom, and whisper my plan in her ear.

"I'm going to pick you up and run out. I'm not sure where, but someone will be able to help us. I need to make sure that you're okay." She makes a confirming sound. The man starts a count down.

"5...4...3...2...1" On one, I pick up my mom bridal style, and run out of the door with her. I begin running down the stairs. We're only on the third foor, but I can feel my lungs burning. I hear the man behind me shouting. I burst into the street with him on my heels. I run towards the Richard Rodgers. I don't know where else to go and I hope that Rose will help me someway. I stop in front of the stage door, and see it opening. I know the man is near. I see Lin walking out.

"LIN", I cry out "Please help us. A man is after us. He's in black. I need to get inside." Thankfully, Lin seems to understand. He points for me to go inside, and he starts going after the man. I start walking forward, but feel a pain in side first. My vision becomes blurry, and I feel my arm become weak trying to held my mom. I hear her make a muffled scream, and I do my best to set her down gently. I collapse on the ground, and I see Lin beating up someone before the world fades into black.

Lin's POV:

I get Rose everything she needs. I feel so bad for her. I wish I could make her life easier, but there isn't much I can do except for stuff like this. I am really tired though. I kinda wish she called someone else. I walk downstairs, and open the stage door. That's when I hear Liam screaming at me. He's really nice, but I know I'm not supposed to like him beacsue I'm a father or whatever. He's holdig a women who's tied up with ducttape over her mouth. He tells me what's happening, and I tell him to get inside. I begin walking towards the man dressed in all black. I punch him square in the face, then call the police. That's why I don't realize that Liam never made it inside.

I turn around after finishing the call, and see Liam lying on the ground in a pool of blood. I walk over to his mom, and rip the tape off of her mouth. It clearly hurts her, but I need her to talk. I can see the tears streaming down her face,

"He shot my son" she sobs out, "That awful man shot my son in the side." I call 911 again, getting help for him. I untie his mom, and grab a towel from inside to help stop some of the bleeding. The ambulance seems to take forever, but it shows up in a few minutes. A police car is following it to get that man that shot Liam. The paramedics put Liam on a stretcher and put him in the back of the ambulance. His mom climbs in after him. The doors get shut before I get a chance to get in. I don't know what to do after that. I decide to tell Rose tomorrow. Hse doesn't need to know that her friend was shot. I decide to walk home. I could use a long walk to clear my mind> I take as long as I can to get home. I try to be as quiet as I can coming home, but I hear Sebastian from his room. I pull him out, and have agua time together. I then take a shower. I need the hot water to clean me off of everything from tonight. I finally crawl into bed, hold onto my wife like she's the whole world. I don't know what I would do if I lost her. I hope Liam comes out okay. He's so good for Rose. She needs a good friend. I turn over, and drift into sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wowsa. This chapter certainly is something.

I'm having a major problem with the stuff I'm writing. I want to write happy stuff, but I also want to have a good story, and if I wrote happy stuff all the time, then it wouldn't be very good. Please comment if you want happy or sad stuff.

I said ti last chapter, and I'm gonna say it agan. Y'alls comments and votes make me so happy. I love getting the notification that someone actually likes what I write. Please comment. It truly makes my day.

On another note, we got the costumes for my schools play, and they look pretty rad.

Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you have a great day.