First For Everything

Amelia's P.O.V.

"He's touching me!"

"I'm not touching you!"

"Yes, you are!"

This childish behavior had been going on for twenty minutes. I was sitting at my desk in the office, and my partner of around two months, Spencer Reid, was reaching over the small desk divider that was placed between our desks. He had a goofy smile on his face as he ever so slightly touched my shoulder.

"Spencer!" I whined.

"Hm?" He replied.

"Stop touching me!"

"But I'm not touching you."

"Spence, please?"

He chuckled before returning to whatever he had been doing. I rolled my eyes and began sketching in my daily journal.

"Do you always have to write in that? It's falling apart." Derek asked, leaning against my desk.

I quickly closed my journal and looked at him. "It's important to me. I have a small diagnoses of OCD. Writing everything down calms me enough to where I'm not so obsessive over everything."

"I didn't know you had OCD." Spencer mumbled, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"I've gotten very good at hiding it now that I write stuff down. Before, I had to see a therapist every week, and I couldn't stand having a messy desk." I motioned to the unorganized pile of file cases I was told to memorize to enhance my profiling abilities. "That clearly doesn't bother me as much."

Derek moved like he was going to touch something on my desk. I grabbed my journal and smacked his arm, earning a laugh from everyone.

"No! Bad Agent Morgan!" I snapped.

~

"Can it really be considered a solo case if there are two agents working it?"

"I have the brains, and you have the confidence. If you combine that, you get the perfect agent."

"But we're not one person."

"The others believe we act as one person."

Spencer and I were walking to Penelope Garcia's 'Nerd Cave' as I called it. We needed a bit more information before we went to arrest our unsub.

"Garcia?" I said, tapping on the doorway.

"Going on a date with Spencer?" She asked, not even looking at me.

Spencer cleared his throat, and she instantly turned around. I held back a laugh when I saw the panicked look on her face.

"I told you. It isn't a date. We're going to arrest an unsub. All we need is a location, and we'll be on our way." I smiled.

Spencer elbowed me in the ribs, and I looked at him as he leaned toward me.

"Date?" He questioned.

"Garcia believes I have an overwhelming crush on you because I refuse to hang out with anyone else. Little does she know that I do have a crush on you, but I'm choosing to deny it so I can focus on my work." I explained.

"Wait, you what?"

"Choosing to deny it, Reid."

~

"Can we talk about this?"

"Really? You want to talk about this now? We're in the middle of an arrest."

I knocked on the door of our unsub's house, and a young woman answered the door. I pulled my badge from my back pocket and flicked it open. Spencer showed his id.

"Hello, ma'am. I'm Amelia Grace, and this is my partner, Dr. Spencer Reid. We're agents of the FBI. Is your husband home?" I asked.

"Yes. He's playing with the kids. Did Harry do something wrong?" She answered.

"Ma'am, you're husband is a suspect in one of our recent cases. We'd like to take him in to question him. I assure you, we're not here to cause any harm to him." Spencer explained.

"They're in the living room."

I brushed past the woman, my hand on my gun as I walked through the house. Spencer grabbed my arm before I reached the living room.

"Call the children." He whispered to the woman.

She called out to the kids, asking if they wanted dessert. Spencer and I pressed our backs to the wall as the two children, a boy and a girl, ran after their mother and to the kitchen.

"Do you remember what Hotch told you?" Spencer asked, his voice a low and soft whisper.

"Don't show yourself immediately. Maintain a calm voice throughout the entire conversation." My hands shook as I spoke. "Spencer, I don't think I can do this."

"You can. You've done it before."

"With Hotch beside me. I haven't had to do it with anyone else."

"Amelia, you're training is over. Hotch wont always be there."

I took a deep breath, and I pulled my gun from its holster. Spencer pulled out his own gun and walked into the living room first, his gun raised. I followed behind him.

"Mr. Rivera, put your hands up." Spencer demanded.

I hesitated before I aimed my gun at the man who stood before us. Spencer was cautiously stepping toward him. I kept my gun aimed at the man as Spencer lowered his. He moved to grab the man's arm, but he got punched in the jaw instead.

"Spencer!