8-Ball Pt. 2

Amelia's P.O.V.

I hesitantly removed my holster and slid it across the floor toward the man. From where I stood, I could see his eyes. His left eye was a bright blue. His right eye was entirely pitch black.

"Get on your knees!" He snapped.

I slowly got down on my knees, and I held my hands up.

"You're gonna let me do what I gotta do, or I'll shoot you." He growled.

"I can't do that if you're going to kill someone." I replied.

He aimed his own pistol at me and fired, missing my side by only an inch. I took a deep breath out of relief. Everyone in the library jumped when my phone started ringing.

"Relax!" I yelled. "It's my phone. That's my partner calling. Can I answer it?"

"Put it on speaker." The man ordered.

I was cautious as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I looked at the caller ID to see that it was indeed Spencer. I answered the call and set the phone on the floor.

"Spencer, you're on speaker." I said.

"Are you alright? We're outside, and we heard a gunshot." Spencer asked.

"I'm fine. He missed."

I looked at the man to see him fidgeting. I reached for my badge, which was in my pocket. He immediately aimed his gun at me.

"Hands where I can see them, or I'll shoot you!" He yelled.

"I'm only reaching for my badge. You already took my gun. I have no other weapons on me." I explained.

He kept his gun aimed at me while I pulled my badge from my pocket. I showed it to him.

"My name is Amelia Grace. I'm a member of the BAU for the FBI. On the phone is my partner, Dr. Spencer Reid. He's also apart of the FBI. He most likely has our entire team outside with him, along with police officers." I told him.

"What is she doing?" I could hear Hotch over the phone.

"Let her work, Hotch. She knows what she's doing." Spencer replied.

I hesitated before I got to my feet, and I took a hesitant step toward the man.

"You're tired of everyone making fun of the way your eye looks. You don't prefer brunettes that are over 30. They just happened to look like the one who started laughing at you first." I stated.

"Stay back!" The man became panicked, his hands shaking.

I bent down and picked up my holster. I removed my gun from it, dropped my holster, and loaded my gun. I looked at the man.

"I look like her, too, don't I?" I questioned. "The woman who made fun of you first? Who was it? Your mother?"

He let out an angry shout and fired his gun. The bullet grazed my left arm, but I ignored the pain.

"Amelia?!" Spencer screamed through the phone.

I could hear him outside. I looked around at the other people.

"It's alright! The bullet grazed my arm! I'm fine!" I reassured Spencer and the others.

"You will not talk about my mother!" The man growled.

"Why not? She's the one who started this, right? You're killing everyone who looks like her, aren't you? Take a shot at me. I'll only tell you this one time. As soon as my body hits the floor, yours will be following suit. My partner won't let you take another breath if I die." I continued to taunt him.

He fired another shot, this time hitting my chest. I pointed my gun at him and fired before I fell backwards. He let out a disgruntled noise.

"Amelia!" Spencer screamed again.

The doors to the library busted open, and I could hear several people running in. My grip on my gun loosened when someone touched my hand.

"Amelia, it's okay." Spencer hovered over me to make sure I could see him. "The ambulance will be here soon. Where were you hit?"

"Arm and chest." I croaked.

He slid his arms underneath me and lifted me up. I rested my head against his chest and listened to his heartbeat as he carried me outside.

"Is she dead?!" I heard Penelop's panicked voice.

"No. She may be exhausted from the rapid blood lose. She's still awake." Spencer answered.

My left arm dangled freely, and I flinched in pain. Penelope was gentle as she moved it so it was resting on my torso.

"You'll be okay, Sweetie." She whispered.

I looked at her and gave her a weak smile. She smiled back, and Spencer continued walking. Hotch was the next person I saw.

"You did great, kid." He said.

"Got my ass knocked over." I croaked, my voice weak.

"It happens to the best of us."