Chapter Two: Journey To Vah Ruta

Zelda and I mount our horses and venture down the road that leads to the Korok Forest where we will obtain the Master Sword. I stare at the green grass and purple sky; the sun is about to set. so we travel to the Lakeside Stable and board our horses. I see a small pond nearby, so I walk to it and sit on the sand and stick my legs in. Soldiers set up their tents around the stable and prepare to sleep.
"I wonder why Link is here. . . " I say, quietly, to myself.
I slowly slide into the water and submerge myself, then fall asleep quickly. It reminds me greatly of my home.

     The next morning, I awake to Zelda and Impa staring at me from the sand. I startle and swim out of the pond. The two ladies look at each other and chuckle.

"Don't worry Mipha, we haven't been here long. We weren't sure where you went," Impa says. I laugh.

"Oh my! I suppose I should have told you before I left." I laugh. The three of us follow the troops headed toward the forest

As we pass Death mountain, I notice that Zelda seems anxious, or even upset.

"Zelda, may I ask you a question?" I ask.

"Of course, Mipha," Zelda replies.

"What's wrong?" I ask. She pauses.

" Well, if you really want to know, I don't-"

     Zelda pauses as we hear a rumbling in the distance. We look up and see some sort of entity circling the Forest, then enter it.

"I wonder who that could be," Impa says. Perhaps it one of Ganon's tricks.

"I believe Hylia has abandoned me. I haven't felt her warmth upon me in, what seems like years, ever since Ganon came back." She says in a soft, calm voice.

     She explains. The sun was just still as we rode through the mountains, the trees giving off an orange glow, and the sky an orange- purple color. The air smells like it had rained, a rainy smell. The humidity is good enough to keep my skin from drying out. We arrive at the forest's entrance and try to peer into the thick fog, but without success. We enter and make our way through the forest, but without hopes of finding the Great Deku Tree.

"Are we walking around in Circles?" Revali asks. "It feels like we've been at this for hours."

Almost as if fate heard us, we stumbled upon a distressed Korok named Hestu. He was tall and had large, red maracas. He shakes them violently and yells.

"AH! I thought you were some of the monsters that are in the forest." He says

"Monsters?" Zelda asks.

"No wonder monsters attack you. You keep shaking those things," Revali remarks. I roll my eyes.

"Would you show us the way to the Great Deku Tree if we clear the way?" Zelda asks. Hestu eagerly agrees and leads the way. I ready my Trident so we may mow down the vicious beasts. We charge at the beasts and slay each one of them. Then, the path to the Master Sword is revealed and we make our way to it.

"The Master Sword," Zelda coos to herself. Suddenly, a clone of Urbosa, made of malice, charges at her. Link jumps in front of Zelda and blocks the attack. Then, the two begin to swordfight. I feel scared.

'What if he fails?' I ask myself.

     Suddenly, the phantom of Urbosa hits Link's sword, destroying it. I gasp, as it seems my worst fears have come true. He quickly looks behind himself and runs to the Master Sword. He struggles to pull it out, and the phantom begins to charge him. A split second before it attacks, he pulls out the sword and blocks the attack with it. Three other phantoms appear. One of Daruk, Revali, and me. With ease, he slays the atrocious creatures. Suddenly, a person appears in the forest. They are tall and skinny, then reveal their pale, white face with bags under their eyes.

"Who are you?" Shouts the Princess.

"Astor's the name," he replies, a smug smirk on his face. Without haste, he begins to attack Link ferociously. Astor put up a good fight but is no match for the hero. He falls to the ground, in defeat, and disappears.