Chapter 17- New Home

His fox fire engulfed us and teleported us to the world over yonder.

The blue flames faded away to revile a beautiful house before me. The house was made out of a dark wood and had a black tile roof. There was a small river surrounding the front of the house, making it only assessable by a small bridge lined with red paper lanterns.

"So this is what you were up to?"
"Well, we have to live somewhere till we get our own houses." He put his arm around my waist, making me blush a light pink.
"Ah, Tomoe?" He quickly released what he was doing and let go. Now it was his turn to blush.
"Gomen." He mumbled.
"It's okay." I reassured him. "Now, I want to go have a looking inside." I ran over the bridge and slide open the screen.

Inside was a empty room, not including the green tatami mats lining the floor. I entered the room and headed down the small corridor. There was two doors on both sides of the hall and one down the end, making five in total. I opened the first door on left. Inside was a small kitchen with a table and a few cupboards. I opened the next door, reviling a rather large bathroom. There was a three by three meter bath located in the centre of the room. Lining the walls were four white paper screens, all depicting different elements.

The first room on the right was a large bedroom with a double futon in the corner of the room along with a cupboard, cabinet and a paper screen depicting a reef. The next room contained the same items, except the screen depicted a blue fire like patten.

The last room had a long table with silk cushions set up around it. It was the dinning area.

"So...do you like it." Tomoe questioned as he approached me from behind.
"I love it. It's very...simple. But I get this room." I ran into the first room on the right and jumped onto the futon, messing up the sheets. I was acting like a child that had just moved into a new house.
"Fine with me."
"I'm going to go have a bath." I collected a fresh white towel from the cupboard and walked into the second room on the left.

-Time Skip-

"Tomoe?" I called out to the kitsune. Where was he. I was only in the bath for about an hour. Okay, maybe that was a little bit to long, but I am a fish yokai. I love water.
I entered the kitchen to find ready made dinner and a note written in Tomoes hand writing.

'Made you dinner. I'll be back later. Don't wait up.'
-Tomoe

Sighing I knelt down and ate my takoyaki. I love takoyaki, even though it is octopus and I'm a fish. After dinner I changed looked in my cupboard to see all my clothes neatly hung up. Tomoe must of collected our belongings while I was in the bath. I picked out my cream and baby blue kimono, put it on and slipped under the fluffy sheets. I fell asleep almost instantly.

🌊~

Oh. My. Gosh! 34 reads and 2 votes. I know that doesn't seem like much but I only posted my first 3 chapters 1 week ago so I'm pretty happy. And yes, that does mean I was writing this chapter and finished all the ones before it by then. I need a lot of time for editing. Sadly, no comments yet.

Please tell me what you think and your ideas on how I can improve my writing skills.

Thanks and good night (I'm writing this at 10:00 at night so sorry if the writing was crap).

Mizuki259
(632 Words)