Chapter 38- Father!?

Its no use I know my love for him will just keep getting bigger.

-Timeskip-

-Kaiyōs POV-

After what happened yesterday Nanami has been, well, a mess. Her brain is like sludge.
"At least eat a bit of rice." Ami insisted.
"Listen to her. You scarcely ate anything this morning. I even made your lunch today so there no mushrooms. You look like you might pass out." I said.
"I'm fine, I'm just not hungry."
"Kaiyōs right. You need to eat. If your fasting the timing is inappropriate." Tomoe approached me from behind and gently touched my head making my heart flutter.
"Just stop. It won't work. She's still getting over you being rejected by you so you getting mad at her is just making it worse." Ami explained.
"I didn't reject her. Kaiyō and I have been in a relationship for a while now." Tomoe stated plainly.
"What!" Ami and Kei, Nanamis other friend, exclaimed. I sighed. Ever since Nanami found out Tomoe hasn't wasted any moment telling everyone I'm his. It's a yokai thing.

"Bare in mind that If you won't feed yourself, you leave no choice. I'm gonna have to pry your mouth open and force feed you!" Tomoe grabbed the chopsticks and picked up some vegetables. He reached out to her mouth but stopped. He completely forgot about the sacred words Nanami used. Tomoe can't touch her. Tomoe sighed and lowered his hand, giving me the chopsticks.

"I'm sorry Nanami and I know this is hard, but I'm your friend and I'm here for you! I'm dying to take you to the beach. We'll have so much fun you'll forget everything that has happened."
"K! When?" Nanami agreed.
"How about Saturday!"
"Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun but do either of you have swim suits?" Keri pointed out.
"Ahh, No."

The ocean. One touch of the water and I'm back to square one. Am I ready to go back home so soon?

-Timeskip-

"I'm here to see Kaiyō!" Mizuki announced as he entered the room.
"Best to stay outside for this." I gently pushed him out again.
"Are you kidding! What do you mean I can't go!?"
"I mean you can go to the ocean!"
"But why not? Ami went out of her way to plan this for me." Nanami whined.
"It is filled with yokai and other creatures we will not mention. If you where human it would be a completely different story but you are a land god and I cannot risk something terrible happening." Tomoe insisted. "Also, Neither I nor Kaiyō cannot go into the ocean to protect you."
"I'll be fine. My friends will be there with me."
"Your friends are human. They won't be able to stand up to yokai."
"No they can't but I could always use a day at the beach." Mizuki offered.
"Really!" Nanamis eyes lit up. Tomoe grumbled. In this case I think he would of preferred Kurama over Mizuki.

-Timeskip-

"We're here!"
"You've got to be kidding right! Who invited those two!" Kei pointed at the two yokai standing behind me. "We can have you guys hanging around us. It looks like we're with you. No one will come cruising for us!"
"Which cruise line?" Tomoe asked confused.
"It's a figure of speech." I explained as I claimed a set of beach chairs and a umbrella.
"We're gonna go get changed." Nanami said and hurried off to the toilets to change with Ami and Kei.
"Okay!" Tomoe flinched at my words. He obviously doesn't want them to wonder off by themselves. "They'll be fine!" I ensured him as I sat on a beach chair. I was wearing my ocean blue bikini underneath my white singlet and denim shorts. I didn't plan to go swimming but I just decided to wear it just in case.

"Why are you reading that? And in public." I pointed to Tomoes book tittled the distribution of yokai power. "You do realise that we are surrounded by humans."
"Humans won't notice anyway." Tomoe stated with out looking up. I shrugged, agreeing with what he said.
"What are you doing here Tomoe, besides lurking." Mizuki asked.
"We could ask you the same thing." I shot back.
"We both know why neither of you can go in to the water." Mizuki smirked at me and looked back at the shore. "Girls are so shameless aren't they? They walk around in practically nothing. At this rate even human men will turn into beastly yokai."
"Is this the years when a females ankles is the best thing a boy would see?" I teased. "Things change over time. Time to learn that." Mizuki smirked.