Prequel

Author's notes: I wanted to write more.

So.

Moon sat down in a shivering ball, trying to hide herself in the shadows, hoping it would lunge out wings and surround her and hide her from him.

The noise below was terrifying.

Crashes, shouts, a window breaking- Moon ducked her head as another shout emanated from the room.

Then the door opened.

Moon's heart skipped a beat. Maybe it's mom. Maybe she's telling us it's safe to come out and nothing's wrong.

But her mind-reading detected something full of malice and shimmering hate- Moon felt her heart drop as she turned around to see her father.

She knew what was coming. She knew that he was going to throw her into the wall, but she wasn't fast enough.

And then slam went her back, crackling and shattering pain rushing through her as the concrete connected with her scales.

More yelling. Morrowseer was probably drunk.

Then suddenly she was overcome with a massive headache, and visions flew through her mind, her head, her eyes- it was blurry and unclear, but in that thought she saw safety, she felt warmth, she witnessed comfort.

Moon was going to school tomorrow, but she didn't want to leave her mother like this- vulnerable to attacks.

Her back still against the wall, she crouched into a small position, beneath the shadows, and began to cry.

But she felt the comfort in the thought that Qibli was going to be there. Perhaps the vision about warmth and comfort and safety would be about him.

When Morrowseer left the house, there was nothing to look forward to except tomorrow.