03.

"My son, you have to bear with your father for I am nothing but a mere mortal. I wish there was something I could do, but then I can never argue with the will of the God's. We have to make this sacrifice for the well being of the kingdom. You will be forever celebrated as a hero".
The king said to his little prince who could obviously not grasp a single thing out of the whole situation. The little baby just used his tiny fingers to wrap his mothers index finger.

Queen Nergis looked down on her son and new sets of tears started flowing freely down her cheeks again. Today was the 6th night and the king has decided to save queen Kalila's prince at the expense of queen Nergis' prince. His reason being that queen Kalila's prince came first.

"Nergis my love, I am sorry you have to understand why i am doing this....". He tried calming her down.

"It's okay, you are doing it for the kingdoms well being". She said giving him an assuring smile amidst her tears.

"If only all men were to be bestowed with great wives like you". He said then wrap her and the little baby around his broad arms.

Just as expected, both Queens decked up elegantly and each sauntered from her chamber to the throne room along with her prince and a lady in waiting. Before the naming of the prince commenced, king Tumbuktum announced the prince he chose to save and the one he decided to let go of and his reasons.

Queen Nergis brought forth her son who was clad in a pure white cotton cloth. With a heavy heart she whispered her final goodbye and some prayers for a safe departure into his ears. Queen Kalila on the other hand was sitted majestically on her royal seat, grinning from ear to ear as she watched and enjoyed the whole scenario.

A medium sized pillow was brought and amidst heavy tears, Queen Nergis watched as her little sons nostril was stuffed, suffocating the innocent being to death. She watched as the little baby shook his petite body and gasped for air till he could not do that anymore.

"A safe departure to our prince, may the God's be with you. Hail thee our hero". The kinsmen kept singing at the top of their voices.

His corpse was mummified with a pure white sheet that had a golden embroidery by the edges, then he was placed in a small gold casket and 3 servants took away his body to go and bury in a tomb located at the deepest part of the forest.

As she could no longer bear the pain, Queen Nergis exited the throne room without waiting for the naming ceremony of the other prince to commence.

"Hail thee, Maati and the forty - two other God's that guide and protect us. I present to thou my son and heir whom from this day onwards shall be known as prince Basel Tumbuktum Theudrius Soukhamanon Ankhou I of the Bamunda Kingdom. Guide him o God's and let the soul of thy brother rest in his final abode under your great care". King Tumbuktum announced tying the amulet to the little baby's arm.

"Hail thee prince Basel of the Bamunda Kingdom, hail thee". The people yelled.

"Let it also be known to you that a feast shall be celebrated on the 4th day of the intercalary month every year, in honour of our hero and departed prince". The king further announced.

The high priest moved forward and blessed the little boy before queen Kalila moved forward and took the baby from his arms, muttering the words hail thee, crown prince Basel, the first of the Bamunda Kingdom.

"Not so fast woman!". The high priest warned.

"Prince Basel he is for now". He corrected.

"Crown prince in due course". She said with a smirk.