chapter 4 year 1: Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts express

As Hermione and Mr. Weasley passed into Diagon Alley they saw a back alley turn into a city full of shops and small restaurants. As they were walking Hermione saw a book shop, an ice cream shop, a bar, a cafe, a shop for school robes, a quittich shop (Hermione didn't know what that was), a wand shop, and a giant building which had a sign that read Gringotts Bank. Mr. Weasley took a sharp left turn into the bank, Hermione followed. Inside of the magnificent piece of architecture there were many desks and behind each a goblin. Mr. Weasley walked up to one.
"Mornin' Aurthur," said the goblin "and, who might this be?" He looked and Hermione.
"This sir is Hermione Granger, she's muggle-born and I'm taking her to get her school supplies." Mr. Weasley replied.
"Ah yes, so I suppose that's why the Ministry dropped off some money in your name Aurthur?" The goblin began again. You could tell he was the only friendly goblin because all of the other ones were giving people attitude.
"Yes it is sir." Said Mr. Weasley.
"Okay then here you go," the goblin said handing the bag to Mr. Weasley "and you should have enough money for a couple treats or something." He said.
"Okay then, thank you sir, also can you please serve Molly when she comes for the kids?"
"O'course sir."
And with the conversation over Mr. Weasley and Hermione left Gringotts.
They walked a shirt walk and Mr. Weasley turned into the wand shop, Hermione followed.

Hermione looked around the wand shop in amazement. all she could see was shelves upon shelves of small boxes that resembled necklace boxes, each a different color. In the center of the shop there was a counter and a door behind it. A man walked out of the door to assist them.

"Why hello there, how may I be of assistance?" the man asked with a very polite voice. He was old but he had a young heart and spirit.
"We are here to get this young lady a wand Mr. Ollivander." Mr. Weasley told the man
"Ah yes," said Mr. Ollivander "I believe," he said looking around at his shop. "This one will do." He grabbed a box off of on of the shelves. "10 3/4, vine wood, and dragon heartstring." He said taking the wand out of the box and handing it to Hermione. "Go ahead and give it a flick." Hermione flicked her wrist and a little spark came out of the tip of the wand. "Perfect" said Mr. Ollivander.

Next they headed to flourish and blotts for Hermione's books. They walked into the shop and Hermione was in awe at the shelves upon shelves of books. They walked up to the counter where Mr. Weasley handed a man the list and said "set of books for a year one student please." The man walked off and came back shortly after with a stack of 8 books. Mr Weasley paid for the books and they walked out.

It was around 1:30 and Mr. Weasley and Hermione decided to get some lunch. They quickly ate lunch and got back to shopping.

They were so busy getting her supplies that they didn't realise it was already 6:00. So they finished up at their last shop.

Mr. Weasley brought Hermione to a small restaurant in one of the back corners in Diagon Alley called the Leaky Cauldron for dinner. Hermione thought it was an odd place but of course she had grown up with muggles so she had never been into a place like this.

They sat in a back corner away from all of the people. Mr. Weasley ordered something with a very long name and a butterbeer. Hermione ordered mac and cheese and a water. They finished their food, Mr. Weasley paid, and they left.

Mr. Weasley guided Hermione back to where they had come in, tapped on one of the bricks with his wand and the portal looking thing opened up again. Mr. Weasley stepped through closely followed be Hermione.

They got back to the alley where they had left Mr. Weasley's car and Hermiones parents. They had both fallen asleep it the car.

Mr. Weasley drove them home and held Hermione back before she went inside.
"I can come and get you on the day you need to be at platform 9 3/4 if you would like me too." He said quietly as though there were a sleeping baby next to them.
"Sure," Hermione said quickly. "Thanks." She finished.
"Well you can go on inside now and remember we need to be there by 10:45 so I will be here to get you at 8:30 so be ready."
"I will" Hermione replied.
"Ok goodbye."
"Bye Mr. Weasley."