Meeting the Second

Chapter 3

Lester's POV

It's already past 12 but I think my brother here has no plans on going home. We're at a bar right now, drinking and flirting with the girls sat next to us. One beside me and two sandwiching Peter. He was kissing the girl's neck on his right while the other one on the left just watched in jealousy. I reached for my drink with a laugh and shook my head.

"Vice should have been here."

Peter stopped kissing the girl and looked at me. "It's his lost, he didn't want to come."

I sighed and took another sip from my drink. "Yeah but he's the party animal between the three of us. And you? You used to not like going to these kind of stuff."

"So?" He scoffed, leaning back.

"So, that only changed ever since -"

"Can you not talk about that?" He snapped, interrupting what I was about to say. I pressed my lips together, impressed that he knew where I was going with this conversation.

It's a very sensitive topic and it's my bad for forgetting that we all agreed not to mention it ever again, but it's been years. Talking about it is inevitable.

"You're still affected I see." I mumbled.

He glared. "Shut up."

I laughed because obviously, it's true. He still haven't moved on. Can't blame him though, considering that that was the one thing that changed everything. Especially since the change mostly caught up with Peter and Vice and their relationship as brothers.

Without saying anything else, Peter resumed flirting with the girls and ignored me for the rest of the night.

By the time it got disturbing to watch Peter eat the poor girl's face, I decided to go home. I gave my number to the girl I ignored as a way to say sorry and quickly kissed her cheek.

"Pete, I'm going." I said, taking one last sip before standing up. The only response I got was a nod. Good enough for me, I thought.

I soon then left the bar in my yellow lamborghini, and drove away as fast as I can since the road was clear of cars. I got to the mansion in just 4 minutes. My newest record. I parked in my space inside the garage and entered the mansion. I was heading to the stairs when I saw a figure in a sitting position outside the pool area at the end of the hall.

Only one person popped into my head who would sit by the pool this late at night. A naughty smile formed on my face as an idea crossed my mind. I walked towards the person as quietly as I could and when I got closer, I confirmed that it was a girl. And without much thought, I stood behind her and pushed the girl into the pool by surprise.

She would hate me for this but who cares? I've done this a million times. And each time I did it, it was funny because whenever she would come up for air, she would be fuming in anger. But for some reason, this time, something seems wrong?

The girl I had pushed was struggling, maybe even drowning.

And the one thing that crossed my mind was that my sister knows how to swim, in fact, she loves to swim. Why would she be struggling - unless...

My eyes widen in realization that the girl was not my sister. I cursed under my breath and took off my shirt in a flash then dived into the pool. She was deep under the water when I got to her. I pulled at her arm and turned her around.

Her beauty froze me on my spot. This girl is beautiful.

Water went into my lungs before I realized that I had been staring. Before I get to drowning myself too, I grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the pool, immediately gasping for air. The girl lay motionless on the ground as if she were dead. My heart started to beat faster than the average so I leaned down and listened if she was still breathing.