Meeting the Last

Chapter 4

Karylle's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock the next morning. I lazily turned it off and opened my eyes. My mood immediately changed when I remembered what had happened last night.

I can't believe I was pushed into the pool and almost drowned. I honestly thought that that was the end of it for me. I thought I was going to die. And it's all his fault. God, I wanted to yell at that triplet and punch him, and I probably would have if he weren't a Viceral.

But even if I did do it, yell at him and all, my uncle and I will most likely get kicked out of the mansion, and I can't let that happen. Ever.

Besides, he did say sorry and he did sound quite sincere when he apologized, but nevertheless, that doesn't change the fact that he still pushed me into the pool. By surprise might I add. That's something I will never forget. And if there is anything good that came out of it, it's that I found out they have a sister.

And I'm more excited about meeting her than meeting the last of the triplets.

-

"Good morning K!" Uncle Lou greeted while cooking bacon and hotdog for breakfast. There were three plates placed on the counter, two were already filled with food but one was still empty.

Two girls entered the kitchen wearing a maid outfit. Uncle Lou looked at them both and greeted them a good morning. They did the same.

Uncle Lou then looked at me, "Karylle, this is Nika-" he gestured towards a girl who looked about my age with short hair. She smiled at me and gave a small wave. "-and this is Divine." Pointing to the other girl taller than Nika, who also smiled at me.

I said my hellos and waved at them. Uncle Lou started to explain to me that they bring breakfast to each of the triplets' room every morning, and that I have to do it too.

I didn't like the idea of bringing them food but I couldn't say no since my job is to follow my uncle's order for being his "assistant". He ordered us to deliver a specific plate for a specific triplet. Nika was to bring Vice's breakfast. Divine was to bring Lester's. And I was to bring Peter's.

Peter. The one I haven't met. The one I heard the two girls giggling about. The one who appeared mean when I first saw him in the Garden with the other two. And the one I'm not excited to meet.

I waited for Uncle to finish cooking Peter's breakfast before I go to his room. When he finally finished, I noticed that his plate had the most bacon and hotdogs compared to the other two that was made for Vice and Lester. I grabbed the tray and headed for his room. I walked up the stairs and passed two doors before reaching to the one my uncle specifically said to be his.

For some reason, I was nervous. I stopped in front of his door and took a deep breath. Balancing the tray with my left hand, I used my right hand to knock on his door.

No answer.

I tried again. But still no answer.

My uncle told me if he doesn't open the door, it's either he's not in there or he's still sleeping, and that I should just go inside and place the tray on his table. And so that's what I did.

I went inside and found no one.

The room was breath-taking though. From one corner of the room to the other, everything was amazing. My eyes drifted towards the black and white king-size bed, the sheets and pillows on it looking perfect and comfortable. A flatscreen TV on the opposite wall, facing the bed, was bigger than mine and another person's tv combined. And the expensive-looking lamp on the bedside table displayed the faintest glow in the room, giving off a warm light.