0.4

I woke up, and seen my clothes and eyeliner sitting on Dallon's dresser with a note. I picked up the note and read it. 

Ryan,
your dad came by this morning and dropped these off for you. I had to go to work early this morning and Dallon is making breakfast.

-Mr. Weekes

I smiled and got dressed. I ran my fingers through my hair to make it look decent. I had to leave my natural curls in, since I didn't have a straightener. I put on my eyeliner and went downstairs. Dallon had eggs and bacon made. We sat in silence as we ate, then we walked to school together. When we got there, Dallon walked with me to drop my bag off at English and then we went to the music room. We went into the room and Mr. Iero and Mr. Way were standing there talking. They smiled when they seen us. 

"Hey, Ryan and is this Brendon?" Mr. Way asked. I shook my head. 

"No, this one is Dallon." I said. He nodded.

"Your new friend." He said back. I nodded. He smiled. Dallon smiled. Mr. Iero kissed Mr. Way's cheek and said "Bye, honey." Then Mr. Way left. 

"How's your dad doing? He and I'll have to do something together soon." Mr. Iero said. I bit my lip.

"He has lung cancer, they can't cure it." Mr. Iero's face softened.

"Oh, Ryan I didn't know." He hugged me and I hugged back, feeling tears in my eyes, I suddenly started sobbing. Mr. Iero comforted me, and when the bell rang, he took me into the practice room and comforted me. Finally, I calmed down and he gave me a pass and I went back to class. I walked into the English room and Mrs. Black smiled softly, as I gave her my slip. She nodded and I sat down in my spot next to Brendon.

"I'm giving you guys a free day." She informed me. I nodded and looked at Brendon. He smiled.

"Where were you, Ry?" He asked. I bit my lip.

"Um, I was talking to Mr Iero." I said. He nodded. Then he turned around to talk to Sarah, who was flirting shamelessly with him. I started getting jealous again, so I just put my earbuds in. 

After class, Brendon caught up with me.

"Hey, Ry." He said. I looked at the floor.

"Hey.." I mumbled. 

"What's wrong..?" He asked. 

"Nothing... It's not important." He stopped me and held my arm.

"It is important, Ryan. Tell me what it is." I sighed. 

"It's just..." He nodded for me to go on, "I don't want to seem to... clingy... but you ignored me in English." I murmured. His face went from a serious look, to one of guilt.

"I'm sorry, Ryan. Sarah just wouldn't quit talking." I nodded.

"It's fine. I'm fine." I said, and started walking to the art room. He sighed. and went into the science room. I arrived in the art room and started on my guitar drawing. I got colored pencils and did the shading and coloring with them. When the bell rang, I had the neck of the guitar colored most of the way, but not completely done yet. After science, I went to lunch and sat under the oak tree with Dallon. Brendon came over and sat with us, he smiling while looking at me.

"Hey, Ry." He said, pecking my cheek. I blushed and looked at my food. Dallon had packed my lunch, and his own, so we ate. My phone buzzed with a text. It was my dad.

G: I won't be home when you get back from school.

R :Oh.. where are you going. 

G: Katy and I are going out to dinner. 

R: Okay, have fun. Is it okay if I have Dallon over for a bit?

G: yes, that's fine. Just don't forget to do your chores. 

R: Got it. 

Katy is dad's boss. She's really nice and I guess he finally asked her out. I looked at Dallon and Brendon. 

"You guys want to come over after school?" I asked. They both nodded and we finished out lunch. Then we went to our classes. In PE, I told the coach my ankle was fine now and he let me play. We got changed and then he told us what we were going to be doing.

"Basketball." He said. I groaned, and everyone else cheered, "I'll split you into 2 teams, and it'll be perfect since there's 24 people." he said. "Everyone line up" 

Then he split us up. Brendon and I were on different teams. We started playing, and I sucked. Afterwards, we were changing again and Brendon kept staring at me and I kept blushing. After school, we walked to my house. I did the dishes and took out the trash, then we watched a movie. Brendon insisted on watching a horror movie so he could 'Protect me', but I ended up with his head buried in my chest by the middle of it. 

When dad got home, I introduced him to Brendon and Dallon. 

"This is Brendon, and this is Dallon. guys, this is my dad." They smiled and shook his hand. 

"Hello, Mr. Ross." Brendon said, politely. He smiled.

"Hello, Brendon. You're the boy who took  my son on a date yesterday?" I blushed and Brendon nodded.

"Yep." He said. Dad nodded and looked at Dallon. Dallon smiled and dad went to his room. 

"Your dad is really nice." Brendon commented. I nodded.

"Yeah, he is." I said. After a while, Brendon and Dallon went home and I went to bed. The week went on, and was good until Thursday. I was walking down the hall and seen someone whisper, then the girl from my English class, Sarah Urie, came over to me and glared at me. 

"So you're the fag who took Brendon from me? Why would he even like somebody like you. Your a loner. I just don't get it. You're wearing makeup, which is really fucking ugly by the way." I looked at the floor and bit my lip.

"I-"

"No I'm not finished. Stay away from him, or you'll regret it." She said with anger. I looked at the floor and walked to the English room, dropping off my backpack and then heading to the music room. I sat in the practice room and played guitar until the bell rang, then I went to class. Sarah had taken Brendon's seat, so she sat in between us. I did my work, and after class Brendon caught up with me.

"Why didn't you sit by me?" he asked, with a pout.

"Because Sarah took your stop. She gave me a warning this morning to stay away from you." I said. 

"Oh.. I'm sorry I'll talk to her." He said.

"No.. She said to stay away from you or else.. What if she gets someone to hurt me?" I asked. He bit his lip and looked at the floor. 

"I'm sorry, Ry. But hey, I want to take you out after school, okay?" I nodded and agreed to meet him in the parking lot, then I went to art. 

After school, I was walking out to meet Brendon, and someone grabbed me and pulled me into the bathroom. I yelped, and whoever it was put their hand over my mouth. I felt tears, as I heard someone whisper into my ear, "She told you to stay away from hi, but you just ignored her." Then I felt a pain in my head, and everything went dark.