Prologue

My eyes blinked rapidly as I gracefully ran through the forest, my feet pedalling me faster and faster by the second. It was a beautiful memory, the bright orange/green sun above me, the wind flowing through my long, red hair, and the sound of my laughing voice. I ran faster, fearing someone was chasing me, my legs moving even faster than ever before. Finally I stopped, and looked behind me...no one was there. I panted and turned around, only to come face to face with, Saren Vakarian. I gasped in fright as the forest around me faded to red rocks around me. I watched as he smiled at me, then, he started to laugh. I froze, unsure of what to do I turned around and attempted to run away from him. I felt him grab my neck and pull me back, causing my to start to choke. I tried to pull his hands off but it was no use. I continued to struggle against his grasp, even trying to step on his feet a few times. He finally let go and I stumbled forward, causing me to fall to the ground. I heard him speak in a low, raspy voice which sounded like thunder.

"Zorah!" It was clearly a shout-he wanted to be heard.

I turned and looked him directly in the eyes, his eyes had a fire in them. I was fearful, but just for a second, then I regained my strength.

"Did you really think you could run away from me?" The way he outstretched away scared me-sending a chill down my spine.

"I didn't think I could but I did." I answered a little sarcastically, but hey, he deserved it.

Suddenly he grabbed me by the neck again, lifting me up about a foot from the ground. He looked me in the eyes again, I could see my reflection shining in his eyes. I looked helpless. He stared at me for a second, then threw me to the ground.

"You will not run away again." He spoke soft.

"How do you know?"

"Because I have him."

I tilted my head, who was he talking about? I got my answer when I saw two Geth troopers drag someone towards me, he looked like he had been beaten, tortured, or both. I frowned in surprise, my mouth slightly open. I looked at Saren, he knew what would break me.

What do you guys think of the Prologue? Let me know in the comments below. Stay tuned for the first chapter, hopefully coming tomorrow or the day after. :)

Also, the picture was made by me, do you guys like it? Please let me know and have fun reading! ;p