Chapter 1: Memories

I sat up quickly, causing my head to ache. I grabbed my temples and groaned in pain. I looked around, realizing where I was, I was on Rannoch, but not in the room I grew up in. I sat up and fixed my suit by patting down my hood and straightening the buckles. I once again looked around, this was my room on the Vortex, a ship controlled by Saren Vakarian, who was now in his early thirties. I walked forward, passing the desk and table, then then the bathroom door and the dresser. I eventually came to the door after what felt like an eternity. If swished open and I walked out. I knew Saren would yell at me to get back in my room, so I tried to stay as discreet as possible. I started running to the shuttles, one Geth on board almost saw me, thank the ancestors it didn't. I finally reached the shuttle, I got in one and sat down. The seats were pretty comfortable, but I wasn't worried about that right now, I needed to get out of here. I started up the shuttle and pulled off the ship, the alarms sounding now that they know a shuttle left without permission. I set a course for the Citadel, since that was where the Normandy was docked, and took it. As the shuttle was in autopilot I took a second to breathe, to escape everything around me. I remembered what it was like when we didn't wear suits, when the Geth were like family to us, when I was happy, when I wasn't married, and most importantly, when I knew him, the person I love. I decided I wanted to relive the memories one more time, since Quarians have photographic and videographic memory, like the Drell, we could relive any memory at any time. I remembered when I used to play back at Rannoch, I would run through the fields of rocks and mountains, far from home. I would play by myself of course, I didn't really hang out with anyone. I leaned back, and closed my eyes, letting my brain sink into the memory.

Nine Years Ago
June 20th, 2179

I was four at the time, and happy as ever. I didn't care if I was lonely, I had myself, and Jenny, my Geth dog which I called GD's, for "Geth Dog". As I had explained before, I used to run along the cliffside far from the city. The beautifully colored buildings in the distance, the red rocks below my feet. This was all I needed in my life...or so I thought. That was when I met him, the love of my life. I had never felt that way about anyone before. Then, he came and ruined my life...and it was all because of rules, rules of the Quarian tradition.