I Can't... - Evan

I drummed my fingers on the dashboard of Evan's car. Panic! at the Disco's 'Victorious' was blaring through the radio, and I was curled into a little ball with my feet up of the seat. The lyrics were mocking me.

"You okay babe?" Evan patted my leg, keeping his eyes on the road.

There was a long silence.

"Yeah," I barely mumbled.

A frown tugged at the corners of his mouth, but Evan kept a straight face and didn't respond.

When we eventually pulled up to the stretch of road next to my apartment. Neither of us said anything, but neither of us made a move to get out of the car either.

Eventually, Evan turned to face me, his smooth, brown eyes filled with hurt.

"Are you breaking up with me?"

I bit my lip and fought back tears.

"Fucking hell, you are so thick," I didn't look at him.

"You don't have to be so fucking rude! You know what, I thought things were going really well, but now you've been acting so cold these, past few days, and you know what, i didn't-"

"Evan, I'M PREGNANT,"

                                                                                     ***

Evan stopped in his tracks,"wha- you're pregna..."

He paused for a moment.

"And I'm the father?" 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry,"

We sat in silence for another few minutes, tears streaking my mascara all over my cheeks.

"You're going to keep it, right?"

My breath caught when he said this. I stared at him, my eyes glossy and pleading.

"Evan, I can't."

                                          To be continued.....