DEREK

Derek's POV:

I managed to make the stack of pancakes within the next hour and a half... Finishing at just the right time because I can hear movement from the bedroom.

"DEREK!!!!" I hear a scream from the room, and I drop one of the plates of pancakes on the floor as I slide out of the kitchen and sprint into the bedroom.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?!" I ask quickly and he just sits there in his ears and tail with tears in his eyes so I sit on the edge of the bed. "Stiles?" I ask softly and he jumps forwards to hug me tightly around my neck.

"They won't go in." He whines, so I pat his back and move him away.

"What won't babe?" I ask and he pulls at his tail and points to his head.

"I'm trying so hard but they just won't go back in." He cries.

"Heyyy no need to cry babe." I chuckle but he cries harder and wails a little.

"It's my fox, it hasn't aged as much as my human... so my fox is about five and if I'm stuck like this I'll have the mindset of an five year old." He explains so I nod slowly as I take all of this in.

"Okay... well how do you usually put them back in?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I think about it and it happens. But I've tried everything and they just won't go in!" He starts raising his voice to a small shout.

"Alright alright. Clam down baby. Well, look. I made some pancakes, come and eat and then we'll try figure this out okay." I suggest and he stops crying Instantly and tumbles of the bed.

"Deeeerrrreeeeeeeek!!" He screams cradling his leg, so I kneel down and pick him up.

"What happened?" I chuckle and he points to his leg.

"I fell off. That bed. And I gave myself an owie." He sniffles so I lean down and kiss his leg, carrying him into the kitchen where I sit him down.

"Right. Here." I smile. Placing the plate down in front of him, and he starts to eat, so I lean to the floor and pick up the ones I dropped.

I look up from the corner of my eye to see him staring at me with a mouthful of food when a knock sounds at the door.

Stiles gives me a scared look so I rush to the door and open it a little to see Scott and Isaac....

"Hey man, Stiles here? He said he was gonna help me with something." Scott smiles, peaking over my shoulder to look into the room so I spread out like a starfish.

"Stiles? Here? N-No.  He, Erm, went out with Erica." I stutter and he gives Isaac a look.

"Dude. We just passed Erica a second ago and she was with Boyd." Isaac chirps, and they both give me a look as I bite my lip anxiously.   

"Seriously man move..." Scott pushes my arm down and I stumble back to the floor as they both step over me and into the room.

"What the fuck?" Isaac asks staring at Stiles as he sits with a pile of chewed up pancake on the table and Isaac starts to laugh. "Is this some weird role play?" He asks and I nod and blush getting to my feet. 

"Er.... yeah?" I say, sighing in relief.    Until Stiles starts giggling and jumps down to run around the room. 

"I'm a fox!  Grrrrrr!" He screams spitting food everywhere and for a split second I catch myself smiling softly.  

"Dude.  Stop acting like a child." Scott laughs running after him, making him trip on his tail and he face plants the floor.

"Oh here we go." I sigh and they give me a confused look before jumping as Stiles screams and wails the house down.

"DEREEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!" He cried and I rush over to him, Scott and Isaac doing the same.

"Derek wonna fill in the blanks for us right now?" They both as in unison and I shrug and bite my lip again. 

"I guess you should sit down....?"