Chapter 6: Santorini

January 2021

3 years and 4 months ago

It sounds ridiculous, I know.

But I like to think my marriage started in Greece, nine months after the actual wedding took place. As if life were a scrapbook where you could crop, cut, paste and rearrange memories to make them fit your expectations perfectly. I wanted to leave the past behind and embrace the return of the happy days.

It took us a while to adjust to being husband and wife. Looking at it now I think the problem was that, for some reason, we started feeling compelled to achieve a number of goals we silently decided were mandatory and vital. Having a baby definitely was on top of that list.The pressure we put on me getting pregnant became unbearable really quick and the fact that it didn't happen straight away definitely created a strained atmosphere between us.

It wasn't long until the unthinkable gain inevitable prominence; arguments, yelling, reproaches and distance. Cold, shattering and paralyzing distance.

Harry was the one who, thankfully, put an end to the cold war and my failing attempts at running away. One morning, sitting in our kitchen, the words blurt out of him in form of tears and begging for us to stop whatever we were doing and start clean before it was too late. He felt used, almost like a sperm donor, and I felt useless for not being able to give him a child faster, our age gap once again playing tricks with my mind. But it was that morning that I suddenly saw a light at the end of that dark tunnel we had been living in. All we needed to do was to remember why we once decided to share our lives, what had brought us together and reconnect from there.

That was exactly what we did.

Santorini was the place we chose to start over, to come clean, to build back bridges, to talk for hours and to heal our wounds. Being raised in a fishermen's town made me seriously entertain the idea that the sea had a healing nature; true or not, that was confirmed during those days. We were never good at forcing situations so going back to flow came almost in an organic way for us.

We spent most of our three weeks there inside the villa we rented. It was probably the whitest place I had ever been to, but every single color there seemed to stand and shine differently, brighter and vibrant. Our home for those days overlooked the sea, and my favorite spot was the terrace by the infinity pool. 

Getting lost in the sight of the sea and the never-ending horizon gave me the peace I was so desperate to find.

*

I half-opened my eyes as the dim light of the morning painted the pale walls of our bedroom. I turned my head to face the window, lying on my stomach my arms were curled underneath the pillow as I rested my cheek on the soft linen covering it. The curtains snaked wildly, hitting the air sharply in perfect synchrony with the rhythm the seaside breeze had set during the dawn of that new day. In my drowsiness, it took me a couple of breaths to realize it was not the sunrise but the trace of Harry's hands on my skin what had brought me back to consciousness. I sighed deeply when I felt him placing his hands on my sides, his body hovering and irradiating heat over mine.

It was clear that he knew I was awake when he pressed his lips to my nape and whispered, "Good morning, beautiful."

I could only moan in response as I noticed his breath going lower down my back and I gasped when the tip of his tongue started grazing my skin all the way across my spine. He stopped at the base of my back and repeated the same tortuous - but delicious - assault upwards until he finally kissed my neck again.

His body covered mine and I could feel the heaviness of his length resting on my lower back. My body shuddered in need when he lowered himself and slid his cock between the cleft of my ass, grinding and moaning in my ear. His hands slipped between the mattress and my body to get hold of my breasts, kneading and tracing the pads of his fingers in slow circles over the tight peaks.

"You drive me wild," he breathed before nipping my earlobe, making me cry out in need."Shh, don't wake up," he cooed before I lifted my hips from the mattress and rolled them under his shaft.

He growled and kissed my exposed cheek, reaching over to pull my lower lip, the scent of soap and aftershave hitting my senses, "You smell good," I whispered.

"And you taste divine," he assured huskily.

There was something so primal about that very moment, so basic and simple. It was need, love and pure raw desire what was driving us along the curves of our senses. No thinking, no planning and certainly no obligation in any of our moves. We were there for the simple purpose of taking each other to the edges of pleasure.

We spent what felt like hours driving each other crazy in that perfect teasing. He flipped me to my back, kneeling between my legs as he studied me, planning his next move.

I didn't think I could take any more teasing when he lowered his head and kissed the swell of my breast, catching a nipple and sucking on it hard. I watched with heavy eyes how it came out wet from his mouth and begged, "Please," in between breaths.

It didn't take him long to position himself on my entrance and push inside me. I pushed up on my elbows to watch in awe how he slid in and out of me as if it were the first time we were doing that. His movements were slow and in control, savoring the moment with his eyes fixed on the spot where he disappeared inside of me. He pushed himself fully before withdrawing his length almost completely and repeating the same action over and over again. It felt so good and I was desperate to reach my own release but it was his concentration what restrained me from asking for more.

He pulled me up when I started to clench around him, knowing perfectly that I was near my end. I straddled his hips and he held his length for me to take him fully in, deeper than before. He embraced me impossibly closer as I rode both of our orgasms frantically; his chest firm, warm and slippery pressed to mine. We cried out almost in unison when we finally reached our ends and collapsed in a perfect twist of limbs on top of the bed.

He was still inside me, drugged with pleasure when he confessed, "I love you so much sometimes I can't believe it's possible, I choke whenever I think I could lose you."

His words were honest in a raw way; almost as if he didn't have the time to process what he was saying. I felt my whole body buzzing at the flow of his voice and all I could manage was to kiss him desperately because there wasn't much I could add to that; he had just expressed exactly what I was feeling.