Chapter 2

Featherpaw looked around the apprentice den; she had gone here after the cerimony because she wanted to rest before she began training. Sparkpaw, Cloverpaw, and Skypaw were still asleep in their nests. She left the den and looked at the sky. It was dawn already. She looked around and Redfang saw her. "Featherpaw, Your coming on the Dawn patrol" He called. Featherpaw padded over to the patrol. Redfang called to Sparkpaw who padded drosily out of the den. The patrol was Her, BrokenTalon, RainFall, Wavesong, and Sparkpaw. They padded out of camp, Wavesong in the lead, and Featherpaw dropped to the back with Sparkpaw. "I've never been on a real patrol" She told the tom. "Oh, don't worry. It's fine. Just, don't do anything that will make the other clans angry if we re-mark the borders" He joked. Featherpaw laughed and followed behind the patrol. They came to the MoonClan border. "Would you like to try marking the border?" Wavesong asked Featherpaw. She felt Sparkpaw nudge her, as if encouraging her to reply. "o-okay" She agreed and brushed her pelt against some trees that marked the border. When she finished she stepped back. "Good job" Rainfall meowed. Featherpaw felt embarrassed under the senior warrior's gaze. "Let's re-mark the Bayclan border as well" Rainfall suggested. They all padded again and Featherpaw fell behind with Sparkpaw again. "I feel like an idiot!!" She whispered. "Don't worry, You did great!" Sparkpaw praised quietly. They soon got to the Bayclan border and, to Featherpaw's relief, Brokentalon re-marked the scent markers. When they returned to camp, Brokentalon and Wavesong went to LynxStar's den to report and Featherpaw spotted her sister, Sunpaw. She padded over to her. "Hello" She greeted. "oh, hey Featherpaw" Sunpaw meowed. "How's your training going?" Featherpaw asked her sister. "Great! Me and Vixentail are gonna battle train soon. I just got done hunting." Sunpaw responded. "Cool!! I just went on the Dawn patrol" Featherpaw bragged. Sunpaw flicked Featherpaw's shoulder with her tail and Vixentail called to her apprentice near the entrance to camp. Sunpaw turned. "Gotta go!! see you later!!" She called over her shoulder as she scurried to meet her mentor. Splashprint padded up beside Featherpaw. "Wanna battle train?" She asked. "okay" Featherpaw replied. Featherpaw and Splashprint came into the forest and Featherpaw stopped when they got to the sandy hollow.

Featherpaw faced her mentor and leaped for her paws. Splashprint jumped and Featherpaw slid under her belly, sliding a sheathed paw down Splashprint's stomach. Splashprint landed on her paws. "good job" She meowed.

When they got back to camp, Featherpaw saw Sunpaw and Cloverpaw taking a mouse, a sparrow, and a vole to the elders den. She heard Redfang call her and she padded towards him. "It's sunhigh and you're going on the sunhigh patrol" He explained. Twigstrike, Foxfrost, and Wolfcall waited for her near the entrance to camp. She hurried to join them and followed them through the forest and watched as Foxfrost re-marked the scent markers on the edge of Bayclan's border. When they got back to camp, Foxfrost and WolfCall went to go report and Featherpaw saw Honeypaw carrying herbs to the elder's den. When she came back out, Featherpaw asked: "What's going on?" Honeypaw sighed. "I think Oakpelt's got greencough" She meowed. Featherpaw's eyes widened. "greencough?" she echoed. "ya, I better tell Mudflower" She meowed over her shoulder as she padded to the medicine den. Featherpaw stared after her sister in dismay.