10

Esme had driven Amelia and herself to her family's house and pulled her to the bathroom where she wiped the almost completely dry blood off the young girl's chin and mouth, "Thank you." Amelia whispered as Esme led her to the living room, "Do you know what you just did?" Esme asked desperate wanting to know why the young vampire attacked that woman. "I killed someone." Amelia said, guilt and sadness filling her, Esme nodded and watched as the girl walk to the tainted window and whispered "I don't want to be like them." frowning the motherly vampire got up and walked to the young girl and placed a hand on her shoulder "Like who?" she whispered asked.

"The red eyes, I don't want to be one of them, killing people without mercy." Amelia said turning to face the woman, her red eyes gone and her brownish green ones were back, that spiked interest in Esme but she kept quiet and said "What if I showed you how to hunt animals and drink from them?" Amelia looked at the woman and frowns "I'm a vampire too dear." Esme said frowning too as Amelia's eyes widened with horror and stepped away from her. "That's not possible, vampires don't exist." Amelia gaped.

"What's going on here?" A man with pale skin, blonde hair and bronze eyes asks, "She's a vampire but she doesn't know and claims that vampires don't exist yet she killed a woman, I caught her before anyone else." Esme says walking to the man and kissing his lips quickly, Amelia looked at the couple and her mind instantly flew to Alec. "I'm Carlisle Cullen, I'm the head of this clan and I'm here to tell you that you're a vampire." the man said.

She looked at Carlisle and nodded slowly, "Are you alright?" Esme asked worriedly, Amelia looked at her and licked her lips making the vampire couple "Thirsty?" Esme laughed making Amelia blush and look down, "Come on, we'll show you a better life...

She looked at Carlisle and nodded slowly, "Are you alright?" Esme asked worriedly, Amelia looked at her and licked her lips making the vampire couple "Thirsty?" Esme laughed making Amelia blush and look down, "Come on, we'll show you a better lifestyle." Carlisle said extending his hand to the girl in front of him, Amelia looked at the man and placed her hand on his, Carlisle smiled slightly but was intrigued on how her skin was almost as cold as his yet held a small amount of heat as her heart beat at a awkward pace.

He led the girl into the woods and covered her eyes, "What do you smell?" Esme asked the red head. Amelia didn't answer she simply let her instincts run free and sprang deeper into the forest, the noises of the forest filled her ears as the scents filled her nose, she quickly opened her eyes and tackled a mountain lion, her teeth sinking into his jugular and draining him of his blood before he could even think of throwing her off him.

Esme and Carlisle followed the girl and gaped at the ease Amelia had killed the mountain lion, "Thank you but I really should be getting home now." Amelia said smiling at the couple before she took off to her house not giving them a chance to add something.

She ran home and entered through the back door quietly, no one was home so she had time to think of what just happened, she sat on her bed and pulled her knees to her chest hiding her face, a shiver ran through her her as she closed her eyes. She was scared that she was going to become like her old family and didn't want to murder people but as the Cullen couple had said she could feed on animals. Amelia slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep her mind flying back to Italy.