Chapter 3

The next morning I get up on my own. Of course, it was a big surprise to Mom and Crystal. But I take my own time to get ready as I always do.

I don't know how I will sit in all my classes today as Cara texted me in the morning saying that she won't be able to come to school today, as there is some emergency at her aunt's home so she had go there with her family.

Crystal tells me to join her group for today but I sweetly decline her offer. I take my usual seat and randomly scroll through my instagram.

"Good morning Rose." I look up from my notebook to see Ray smiling at me.

"Oh. Hi Ray. Good morning." I give him the same smile in return.

Ray is a really close friend of mine and Crystal. He is a fun loving person with a whole lot of personality. I call him as my guardian angel. As he always somehow knows what's wrong and what's right for me.

"Where is Cara today?" He asks eyeing her seat which is empty.

"Ugh! She is not coming today. She had to go to her aunt's home with her family." I say already missing her company.

"Okay. So, if you don't mind can I sit here?" He says nodding towards the empty chair next to me.

"Oh, yeah. Of course you can." I say. He smiles and I can see his dimples.

"By the way, from when do you take permissions for sitting next to anyone?" I tease him and he smirks.

"That's all because of you and Crystal. You both are ready to beat me up if I forget my manners." He laughs and I join him.

Well, that's true. Ray might be all helping and caring, but he always forgets to use golden words. He mostly uses his rough language which sounds rude even if he is trying to be sweet.

I was wrong. My day was not boring at all as Ray constantly made me laugh throughout the class.

Just when I was leaving the class with Ray, Sam joined us, and tells me he wants to talk to me. Before I leave with Sam, Ray tells me that Sam is not a boy I should be hanging around with and he also tells me that he has known him better than me. Yeah, it was a warning. I assure him that I'll be fine.

"What is it Sam?" I ask him as he shuffles his feet.

"I just wanted to ask you if Crystal or Hazel have told you something?" He asks with a little curiosity.

"About what? They keep telling me so many things." I roll my eyes and look at him. I'm definitely confused by his question, but I am not showing it on my face.

"About a guy? A friend of Dev and Andy?" Now I know I am not the only one looking confused.

"No. Can't you talk straight and get to the point? Just simply say it or else don't, but don't confuse me." I'm getting a little frustrated now.

"It's about you. I'm not going to tell you anything because I know Crystal or Hazel will be able to describe and explain it to you in a better way." He says and I furrow my eyebrows and stare at him for few seconds.

"As if I believe you." I say making a straight face again. He raises his one eyebrow as if he is challenging me.

"Go ask Crystal and Hazel." He says and starts walking away.

I think of stopping him and asking what is he exactly taking about, but it would be much better to ask Crystal and Hazel than chasing after him in the corridors.

°°°°°*****

I have so many thoughts running through my mind by now. I don't know why Crystal or Hazel would not tell me anything that is related to me.

I found both of them sitting with Ela in the canteen. I sit beside Ela. Everyone immediately notices my confused face and asks me what's wrong.

"Do you both know something about me that I don't know?" I ask looking towards Crystal and Hazel.

Their eyes widen as soon as I ask them and they look at each other in complete shock. From their expression it was clear that there was something they didn't tell me.

"Actually we thought that you might not listen to us, and say that you are not interested in all this things, so we thought it was better that we tell you at the right time. Rose we were going to talk to you." Crystal tries to explain me with a clam tone while Hazel nods.

"Whatever. Just tell me. It is getting on nerves." I say and Crystal looks at me and gestures me to clam down. 'Why should I?' Is the look I give her, she sighs. Ela is equally blank as I am, her expression tells it all.

"Look there is a friend of Dev and Andy who really really likes you. And we think you should meet him once." Hazel tells me.

Totally frustrated at what she was talking I take a deep breath to refresh my thoughts. "And you think I will agree to meet him? I hope you both know I don't trust either one of your boyfriends." They both didn't say anything.

"But Rose meeting him once won't harm anyone right?" Crystal says. I can't believe Crystal is getting me into this.

"I will talk about it later." I say and leave the canteen and find a place where there are less people around me.

______________________________________________________________________________________