If I Could Turn Back Time

Thirteen years have drifted past, since I saw you last, I never got the chance to say goodbye, instead I just had to stay at home and cry, I was just a little child, who always smiled, I never believe death existed, I just thought it was words that were twisted, but fate had another plan, and so I began to ran.

You were my mum's dad, and my grandad, and life hasn't been the same, I always look for things to blame, but now that I'm getting older, but probably not that wiser, memories sink into the back of my mind, and I think of you when I have the time, if I could turn back time, I'd take a look behind, and see you staring back at me, telling me that you are free, free from the pain that you suffered, which makes me shudder, as cancer took you away, and we had no words left anymore to say.

Twelve years have zoomed by, and my family still ask why, that you decided life was hard to go through, what made you feel so blue, to the point where you felt you couldn't live another day, and left without no words to say, not even a note to explain, just left us with the pain, you was a young man, who had the world in the palm of your hand, talented and bright, your future shined the brightest light, but then your world turned dark, as you lost your only spark.

You split-up with your only love, which soon became too much, maybe you was too young, and that's why the pain suddenly sprung, you decided life wasn't worth living, you must've thought it was unforgiving, but at just the age of eighteen, you did something that was unforeseen, and decided to take your own life, to my dear cousin, how can that be right? To all of us, it's a massive puzzle.

If I could turn back time, I'd bring you both back to life, but now that you are both no longer here, I still let out a small tear, that slowly rolls down my eye, as I whisper the word goodbye, and try to make sure I do well, even if at times, I have fell.