chapter 3

~

"Fucking hell!" Rowan yells when she hits her toe on the side of the table. "We need to get rid of this damn thing. Honestly what is it's purpose in this world?"

I throw my head back and let out a loud laugh at my best friend. She mumbles a quick fuck you and leaves the room, flicking my forehead on the way out.

"Ouchh Rooowann" I whine

"That's what you deserve" she yells back to me from her room. I just giggle and follow her.

Today is one of my rare days off and also, it happens to be the weekend Rylee decided to stay with my parents. So it's just Rowan and I today.

"Sooo what are you up to" I lay down on her bed and put my chin in my hands. I stare up at her with a goofy grin on my face, waiting for a response.

"Are you always this annoying?" she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up you love me. But anyways how is that girl you've been talking to?" I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively.

A blush creeps onto her cheeks and her eyes go wide "uh what"

"Oh don't think I don't hear those late night conversations when I get home. You couldn't whisper to save your life Row" I joke.

"She's just a friend, honestly" she says, her voice a bit shaky.

"Do you want her to be more than that?" I raise my eyebrows in question "because I'm a pretty good wingwoman you know"

She laughs softly with a shake of her head "lord, please don't try anything. And I don't know, I mean I think so. She's Corey's friend though so I don't want it to be weird."

"Why would that be weird"

The brunette shrugs "I don't know, if we don't work out it would be weird for Corey, you know?"

"Doubt it honestly. Plus he wouldn't let things be weird with you, you've been best friends since diapers. That boy is honestly your platonic soulmate"

"I guess that's true. Thanks Sabrina, you've made me feel a lot better about this whole situation. I've been so stuck these past few days and I think I'm good now." she smiles genuinely and pulls me in for a hug. My phone vibrates, making me pull away.

I look at it to see a text message from Dove. She and I have been messaging back and forth for a few days now and she is so amazing. I can see her being a great friend.

Dove: hey blue eyes! It's Saturday and I know it's your day off so why don't you and Rowan join me for a night out tonight...?

Sabrina: idk Dove... I have stuff I need to catch up on. Rowan might want to but I'll pass.

"Who are you texting" Rowan asks

"oh it's just Dove" I shrug "she just asked if we all wanted to hang out tonight. I said I'd pass but I'd ask you."

"Um no you are not passing this up. You finally have a day off and you're not gonna waste it."

"But-"

"No buts Sabrina Carpenter. You will tell Dove that we are going and you will get ready and look hot!" she says stomping her foot.