26

They arrived at the gates of Queen Jisoo's palace.

Maek Jong looked at its walls before entering, followed by Su-Jin, and lastly, Ah-ro.

Outside the palace, just in front of the main doors, was Queen Jisoo, sitting down and anticipating the trio's arrival.

All bowed except for Maek Jong, earning a weird look from Su-Jin. The queen, however, was already raging from the disrespect she has recieved from her very own son.

She stood up and nodded at them. She turned around and the guards opened the doors to let her in.

The three looked at each other and followed the queen into the palace.

They were greeted by two thrones, one studded with gold and the other covered in dust.

Queen Jisoo was standing in front of her throne.

"Su-Jin, my child, you will be accompanied by the servants to your room. I shall remain here with Maek Jong for the meantime. We have some things to discuss.", she kindly told the princess.

Su-Jin bowed and nodded with respect as two women came to their side and escorted them away. Ah-ro was about to follow them when...

"Oh, Ah-ro.".

She turned around and looked at the queen.

"Yes, your majesty?", she replied.

"Your father is looking for you. It is best you go back to your house for now. You do not want to worry him, do you?"

"A-ah...very well then. I bid you and King Maek Jong goodbye.", she said and bowed.

Maek Jong and the queen's eyes followed Ah-ro until she exited the main doors.

The two remained silent until the doors closed.

-

Su-Jin laid on her bed, looking at the ceiling.

She sighed as she puffed her cheeks out.

"What am I supposed to do?", she wondered aloud.

She looked around her new room and saw an easel and some art materials.

A smile formed on her lips as she jumped of the bed and ran to the easel.

She looked at the available materials and thought of what she could make.

She remembered her necklace and took a good look at it.

Hmm...yes, this would be good for now, she said to herself in her head.

She took it off and displayed it on a coat rack beside the easel. There she could look at it without any problems.

-

"Do you know who she is?", the queen asked.

"Yes."

"Do you know the plan?"

"Yes."

"Do you not have any complaints?"

"No."

"Good. Even if you did have such comments, none of them would be given importance.", she stated.

"That is all for now. Go up to you and Su-Jin's room.", she added.

He nodded and went up the stairs.

"Hey, I have a question.", Su-Jin greeted him.

"Go on.", he said.

"Why didn't you bow awhile ago?", she asked.

"Because I didn't want to.", he answered.

"Do you not respect your mother?"

"She did nothing to deserve my respect.", he answered coldly.

Su-Jin looked down and nodded.

"Maybe you should rest? Mother might talk to you later evening.", Maek Jong suggested.

"Very well then."

She went to her bed and closed her eyes, falling immediately into a deep slumber .

Maek Jong glanced at the easel that was being used just a few minutes ago. He walked over and looked at the painting.

He stared at it, impressed at Su-Jin's ability to paint.

Soon enough, he grew sleepy so he went to his separate bed and went to sleep as well.