Eight: Love and Other Concepts Draco Doesn't Admit He Understands

They're on the train again.

Its been three days since they finished cleaning up the rubble from Hogwarts, and now they are all being taken to a safe house building of sorts while it is assured all the criminals involved are safely away.

Draco and Harry are talking. They've been doing that a lot lately and Draco loves every minute of it. They've talked about everything. Draco explained his love for Shakespeare and his favorite plays, Harry explained the adventures of his that Draco only knew gossip about. Draco talked about the harsh realities of his relationship with his father, Harry talked about the Dursleys. Draco talked about Dobby being his best friend growing up. Harry smiled, offering only one comment.

"I was always curious how he knew so much about me."

Draco smiles at that. "I did talk quite a bit about you...you were always this...genuine, incredible positive person, and everything I wanted to be but couldn't because I had a 'reputation' to uphold."

As he says this, he rubs his scarred arm. Its a nervous habit he's picked up recently. Harry seems to notice and gently sets a hand over his.

"You're doing a pretty good job of being a better person now, and that definitely counts for something," Harry says with a smile that makes Draco lightheaded. How can Potter be so perfect and always know what to say all the time?

Draco turns to ask Harry this but never gets the chance.

Because suddenly Harry's lips are on his, and every thought Draco had flickers out of existence. Because nothing matters except him and Harry and this bubble they're in.