New Boy on the Block

I mumbled curse words under my breath as I glanced down at my schedule, trying to figure out where in the hell I needed to go to get to my next class. A sea of people all crowded the hallway and made it nearly impossible to get anywhere. And they all seemed to be taller than me, too...

    Anyone taller than me made me nervous only because I knew what could happen if I made a mistake at ticking one of them off. I mean, I'm a very small person! And I'm not very strong either... but, you know, I guess there are some advantages at being short. One of them being as you walk down the hallway at school and your fellow peers decide to push and shove and swing open their locker doors, it all flies over your head. Literally!

    I suddenly smacked right into some guy's chest. I guess I need to be paying more attention...

    "Shit, I'm sorry. Totally and completely my fault, I wasn't paying - " My eyes met his and my words disappeared. Hot damn!! He's gorgeous! He smiled and a light, beautiful chuckle escaped his lips. "Attention..." I finally blurted out.

    "No worries." He said with the shake of his head. "No harm done." I smiled and nodded, unable to move, speak, or do anything else. Thankfully, he spoke up for me.

    "I don't believe I've seen you around here before. Are you new?" he questioned, tilting his head to the side. Oh-kay, I'm definitely not gonna fall in love with that move! Nope! Not at all!

    "Uh, yea, actually, I am." I replied and he "ahh'd."

    "Sophomore?" He asked and I nodded to confirm. "What class do you have?" I glanced down at my schedule.

    "Uh, I don't know. I can't read." I replied with a grin as I reached for my glasses in my back pocket. I wiped the smile clean off my face when I realized he wasn't amused, then placed my glasses over my eyes, ducking my head in attempts to hide my idiocy. But he chuckled, patting my shoulder a few times.

    "You'll fit right in." I looked up and smiled at his words, the tension in my shoulders releasing. I then glanced back down at my schedule to find my next class.

    "English with Mr. Mallard." I responded.

    "Oh, that's right down the hall. Here, I'll show you where to go." he said and we began maneuvering through the sea of students. When we arrived in a quieter, less crowded area, he held his hand out with a smile. "I'm Felix, by the way." I gladly took his hand. He had a strong grip and his skin was soft.

    "Jack." I smiled. His hair was a very light shade of brown and his eyes were a very pretty shade of blue. Not exactly stunning, but very pretty. And his smile was gorgeous, too. Probably a fuck boy. I thought. Probably straight, too.

    "Alright, so Mr. Mallard's is right down the hall, to the left, second door on the right." he explained and I nodded. Was I paying any attention? No. Not really. I'd heard enough, but just barely.

    "Thanks. Erh, um... th-thank you." He smiled and nodded.

    "Yea, no problem. If you need any help later on, just come find me." He replied, then nodded once more as he turned to go down the opposite hall. I smiled. God, I'm an idiot.

    Day one turned out to be somewhat successful. I ended up late to only a few classes since I didn't know where to go, but other than that, all was great! I ran into Felix again at lunch and he offered to take me out to get food since I didn't know anybody else. So, I gladly accepted his offer and soon, he was taking me out everyday. It was nice, but I always felt bad because he always ended up paying for me. I mean, he said it wasn't an issue but I still felt bad about it.

    About half way into the second week of school, Felix and I were at lunch, it was just a normal day. But Felix was acting a little... different.

    "Hey, Buddy," I began, pausing for a moment to take a drink. "Everything okay?" He nervously smiled and his brow creased.

    "Yea. Why wouldn't it be?" he asked, chuckling.

    "First of all, you're shaking like a madman. Okay?" He glanced down at his hands and, sure enough, they were trembling. "And second of all, you've had the same face all hour. Somethin' buggin' you?" I questioned. He then took a deep breath and quickly let it out.

    "I'm not bugged by anything." he replied, twirling a french fry in his ketchup.

    "But?" I asked, shoving my last fry into my mouth. He took the fry he was playing with out of the ketchup, then dropped it back onto his tray. He then glanced up at me and leaned forward over the table.

    "Can I say something?" he asked. I rubbed my hands together to rid the crumbs, then nodded.

    "Of course."

    "No freaking out, please." He continued, gaining my full attention. I nodded again and fell silent, allowing him to speak. "I know this is a little soon, a little rushed, maybe, but... I think I like you. Like... more than I should." I couldn't help the smile that crossed my face. "And I want to do this more often."

    "Is everyday not often enough?" I joked and he smiled.

    "Well, we still have Saturday's and Sunday's." he said and I laughed.

    "Yea, that is true." He was silent again. "So, is there somethin' you'd like to ask me, Felix?" I asked, tilting my head to the side just a bit. I was seriously trying so hard to contain my excitement. I mean, it's not everyday that you find out your crush likes you back. Especially when they happen to be the same sex as you...

    "Jack, can I take you to out this weekend? O-On a date?" he requested and my smile grew ever larger.

    "I think I can live with that." I replied softly.

A/N -

Hey, guys! So, I know this chapter is rather short and I know it could have been written better, but writer's block is an absolute pain to deal with, so I just decided to post what I already had. Hopefully you guys still liked it, though! I'm really excited to share the rest of the story with you guys, but, just a little heads-up... it's gonna be one wild ride, so be prepared!