Kiss Me

It was three in the morning, and for some stupid reason, I was still awake, browsing through Tumblr. My phone suddenly started buzzing and Felix's contact info appeared on the screen. Butterflies flew into my stomach, single file, one after the other. What is he still doing up? I thought to myself as I slid my thumb across the screen to answer his call.

    "Well, good mornin'." I stated in a hushed voice and he chuckled lightly.

    "Good morning." A smile worked its way onto my face at the sound of his voice and I bit my bottom lip, smiling to myself.

    "So, what's up? You always wake up this early in the mornin'?" I questioned and he hummed in thought.

    "Eh, well, not exactly. I couldn't sleep, is all." he said.

    "Yea, I'm in the same boat." I said, sitting up and leaning against the headboard of my bed. "So, not that I don't love talkin' to ya, but why'd you call me so early?"

    "Well, you see, I need you to do me a little bit of a favor." he replied and I tilted my head to the side, waiting for him to speak again. "I'm at your front door." The line then went blank and I dropped my phone onto my bed, jumping up and starting towards my door.

    "Shirt. Need a shirt." I told myself just before reaching for the handle. I looked around for the shirt I had abandoned before climbing into bed, but shrugged, grabbing the closest flannel and slipping it on over my shoulders. I then took the stairs two at a time to get to the front door quicker, but also had to make sure I kept quiet so I wouldn't wake my mother. She already gets up early enough for work as it is, I wouldn't want to wake her up even earlier. I glanced out the window, just to be sure Felix was actually there, which he was, before opening the door.

    "Hey." I whispered with a smile as I pulled the door open. Felix stood with his hands in his pockets and a nervous smile glued to his face.

    "Hey." he whispered in return.

    "What're ya doin' here this early? You're not supposed ta be here till ten." I questioned and he shrugged.

    "Yea, well, I couldn't just wait another seven hours to see you. I needed to see you now, so..." He held his arms out by his sides. "Here I am." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, a giggle escaping my lips.

    "Yea, here you are." I then took his shirt in my fist and dragged him into the house. I pressed my finger to my lips, signaling him to keep quiet, then pushed him towards the stairs into my room. "So, what exactly did you plan on doin' when you got here, anyway?" I asked as I shut my bedroom door behind me.

    "I don't know, I just figured anything would be nice, just as long as I got to spend time with you." he said with a smile. I smiled as well and shoved him playfully.

    "You're one cheesy fuck."

    "You say that as if you're annoyed." I scoffed.

    "If anythin', I'm more annoyin' than you are, ya doof." I plopped back down onto my bed and looked up at him with a smile. I patted the bed beside me and he stepped forward to take a seat.

    "So," he began. "What shall we do to help pass the time?" I glanced around my room, my eyes falling on my TV in the corner.

    "We could play a video game?" I suggested, standing up to grab my stack of game discs so he could chose.

    "We could play a video game." He took the stack from my hand and began searching through them. He pulled out two games: Rocket League and Overwatch, then held them up for me to choose between the two. "Which one?"