May

My name is May and I am Chief of Police. I wanted to become a police officer since I was a little girl. My dad was a police officer, so I decided that I should follow in his footsteps.
My father and I are very close and when I told him I wanted to become a police officer, all he said was," Well all the bad guys in the world better watch out then, because my little girl will take them down with the hammer of justice." I studied laws so I could tell if people were breaking the law or not. I would also study code words that police officers would say so I could  listen to my father's radio and understand what was happening. When I graduated high school I went to a police academy and was top of my class. I started out at the bottom. I remember my very first arrest. It was a guy who committed thief at the local gas station.  I never thought of my first arrest to be so nonviolent. Don't get me wrong, he brought a good fight ,but it wasn't like anything my dad told me about. I climbed through the ranks like it was my life. I never thought that I could be as good as my dad.
There was one arrest that changed me. My dad said," You will change, but you don't know who will help you change." This arrest was with a guy who murdered his wife and kids. My dad was called to go take care of the arrest but instead of taking his partner he took me with him. I was surprised because I was a commander at the time. I had my fair share of arresting murderers, but this was my first time working with my dad. My dad and I went to the house where the guy was at and we surrounded his house. My dad tried to convince the guy to come out of his house, but he never came out. So my dad led a team to go through the front door and I led a team through the back door. My dad's team busted the door down while my team was lock picking the lock. As soon as we got the door open my team and I ran in to the house. I found the dead wife on the couch with her children on the floor with her. In her hand she had a phone, probably the phone that called the police. We found the guy in a room looking for something. He was crying and I could tell he was scared. When he heard me come into the room he just stopped and looked at me. He pointed a gun at me but before he could fire my dad pulled me back and shielded me with his body. Luckily my dad was shoot in the shoulder and nowhere else. Once the gun shoot was heard my dad's team came into the room, but I tackled that guy to the ground and handcuffed him.
I asked him why he killed his family and he said," They needed to live in a paradise not a fucking hell hole." I didn't think anything of it at first, but after his arrest I started thinking about what he said. I have to agree with what he said. I became a police officer to be like my dad, but now I want people to live in a paradise and not a hell hole. I'm going to arrest every criminal I see so people can live in a paradise.
I worked my hardest to get to where I am today. Once my dad retired, I became chief of police and I am not going to rest until the world is a paradise.