Chapter 6- The missiles

"Uh oh" said Kane.

Three of the choppers were now heading straight for Monsoon and Kane. With their expert vision, they could see the other three choppers chasing Fauna, Flame and Grim. But they couldn't help them. They had their own group of Minjas to worry about. The three choppers surrounded them in a tight semi- circle. "What will they do now?" Monsoon asked. Before Kane could answer, one of the choppers suddenly produced a large gun from its side and shot a missile at them. "Look out!" cried Kane. They ducked. The missile went straight into the burning treehouse and with a massive BANG! it exploded. The shock wave sent both Monsoon and Kane flying in random directions. Kane pushed down with his wings as hard as he could and only just managed to save himself.

Monsoon wasn't as lucky.

He hoped the spirits would keep him up, but as he fell, he felt something fly out from under him. The spirits must have released their grip on him. "KANE!" he screamed as he fell. Kane spotted him and shot down after him. Kane had only just managed to catch Monsoon when the same chopper shot another missile at the two boys. They dodged out of the way and the missile exploded into a tree. But once again the shock wave sent them both flying. Monsoon fell out of Kane's grip and fell. He landed on a tree. Unfortunately, this was the tree that had been hit by the missile. The tree fell. Faster and faster it fell. Kane flew over and tried to lift the tree, but it did no good. Monsoon was clinging to the branches for dear life. If they want us alive then they shouldn't really be shooting at us Monsoon and Kane thought.

Finally, the tree hit the ground. The impact caused Monsoon to let go of the branches. He went flying before crashing into another tree. He lay in a crumpled heap. Kane shot over to him and picked him up "Monsoon?" he asked quietly. Looking up, he could see the choppers looking for them. They couldn't find the boys, so they flew off. "Monsoon?!" cried Kane. He held Monsoon's hand. It was cold. Too cold. Monsoon's face was pale, and his lifeless body lay in Kane's arms.

But Kane didn't cry.

Only little kids did that.