Chapter 2

Buzz. Buzz.

Quinn checked her phone. It was a text from Finn.

Hey, can you come to glee early today? I need to talk to you about something. It's important.

Quinn rolled her eyes. The last time Finn wanted to talk with her, she had ended up cheating on Sam. But she wasn't going to do that this time. She was in love with him, and she wasn't going to let anything, or anyone, come between them. But there was something urgent about this text.

Sure thing. See you than. She replied.

___________________________

Quinn walked into glee club, fifteen minutes early. Finn was already there.

She smiled. "Are you going to propose this time? You better not give me mono ag-"

She stopped when she saw his face. Something was wrong. She could tell.

"What's up?" She asked.

He turned to look at her. "Have you noticed anything weird with Sam since he got back?"

Quinn thought about it. "I guess he's been eating less. But he seems happy."

"Last night he lied to my mom about how much he'd eaten at lunch. And he barely ate anything at lunch today."

Quinn froze. "You don't think that he's trying to starve himself, do you?"

Finn shrugged.

Quinn felt awful. When she thought about it, she realized she hadn't seen Sam eat a real meal in weeks. And he spent so much time at the gym.

"There's more," Finn said. "Today I walked in on him in the gym, and he had a bloody bandage in his hand. He told me he had tripped, but there was so much blood on it. Some nights, I'll hear him crying in his room. I'm just worried."

Quinn started to cry. She hated all of this. She hated how she hadn't noticed in time.

"I'll take him out for a snack after glee," she told Finn. "I'll talk to him."

The members of the New Directions started to come in. She wiped her eyes, waiting for Sam. Finally he came in. She looked at him, like really looked at him, and saw that he had lost a lot of weight. He looked too thin. He also looked like he'd been crying. She was beginning to realize that Finn was right.

"Hey babe," she said, as he he sat in the chair next to her. "You ok?"

Sam looked down, before looking at her and smiling a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Of course I am. Excited to hear the suggestions today."

Quinn's heart broke. She could see he was hiding something.

"All right guys, who's up first?" Mr. Schuester asked.

Everyone rolled their eyes when Rachel shot her hand up.

"I propose that we sing "Don't rain on my parade" from the classic Broadway musical, "Funny Girl"."

She took a deep breath as she began to sing.

Don't tell me not to...

___________________________

"Hey Sam!" Quinn called to her boyfriend. "I was thinking that we could go out for some ice cream. We haven't gone on a date for awhile."

Sam looked at her. He wanted to hang out with her, but skipping a run for ice cream? He wouldn't be able to eat for the rest of the week.

"Sorry, I can't. Sometime later on this week though, ok?"

Quinn batted her eyes. "Please? I miss you."

Sam rolled his eyes. He knew he couldn't resist her. He loved he too much. 

"Ok, fine. But only because I love you."

___________________________

Quinn looked over at Sam. He hadn't taken a bite out of his ice cream yet. She was scared.

"Sam, you going to eat that?" She asked.

"Nah, I'm not that hungry. I had a big lunch."

Quinn sighed. "Sam, don't lie to me. You didn't eat anything at lunch. What's going on?"

"Um, nothing's going on. I meant that I had had a big breakfast. Don't worry about it." He checked his watch. "Sorry babe, I've got to go."

He got up and kissed her forehead, than left, leaving Quinn feeling more and more confused.

She got up to pay, than walked home, praying that he'd be ok.

A/N
Uh oh. It looks like Sam isn't hiding everything as well as he thinks. Thanks for reading!
-K