At noon, they allowed Calum to come off the breathing helper, but he needed it a few hours later. They decided to do some more x rays to determine the cause. They only discovered some bruising on his lungs, along with one more cracked rib.

None of us were losing hope about Calum's recovery, except Calum.

"I'm not going to make it." He would croak to us.

"Of course you're going to make it." We tried to stay positive, but it hardly seemed to cheer him up. Of course, there wasn't much that could make him feel joy at the moment; I would be the same way if I was in his position.

"I don't know, guys." He would sigh.

"Think of Emily and the baby." We would remind him.

"They're why I'm not losing hope. And you guys, of course." He would smile.

Emily and I had barely left the hospital, showering, changing, and brushing our teeth and hair in the small bathroom provided in the room. Luke and the others would come by once in a while, allowing me to visit with my husband and son.

"What are we naming the baby?" Calum asked Emily the fifth night in the hospital.

"What do you wanna name it?" Emily questioned, placing a hand on her little bump. It was still small, but not small enough that she could pass for bloated anymore. You could tell she was pregnant now, and she seemed to be a little bigger than I was at nearly four months. But, everyone's body is different and grows differently. After all, Dylan was only almost five pounds when the placenta fully detached and I got the c section for him to be removed.

They discussed baby names for a good hour or so before they finally decided on two.

If it was a boy, they were naming him Alexander Ryan. If it was a girl, they were planning to name her Alexia Rylee.

Both of them were so excited to be parents.

The last few chapters will be short, I'm writing 3-4 more and then I'm doing an epilogue that will probably be around 500 words so yeah