Chapter 2, Alive And Well

You find yourself walking to Grillby's for the first time. After yesterdays episode, you needed some place that would calm you down and hopefully lift your spirits. Sans had told you about the bar in Snowdin; he described it as a warm but also chill place. You've wondered why Sans goes there all the time. Well, used to. You feel guilt crawl up your back. Sans could've been alive when he was in Papyrus's arms, he was probably just unconscious . You could of saved him, but you didn't.  You were just to shocked by the scene that was laid out in front of you.

You finally you find yourself at Grillby's. As you open the door you see that it was exactly as Sans had described it: warm, cosy and calm. A man completely made out of fire- supposedly Grillby- smiles warmly at you . Even though he doesn't have a mouth, you could tell he was smiling. You smile back, head to the counter and sit down.

"Hey kiddo, never thought I'd see you here."

You avert your gaze from Grillby to the monster next to you. To Sans. You stare at him with wide eyes. It couldn't be him. . could it? Did he survive? Did he escape? Did he-

"Are you alright buddy? You look chilled to the bone." Sans asks you, a somewhat worried look plastered on his face. You shake your head furiously and imminently bombard him with questions.

"S-Sans!? Are you alright? Did Papyrus hurt you? Does your neck hurt? How long has Papyrus been a vampire? How did you survive? Why are you h-"Sans puts a bony hand in front of your mouth, muffling anything else you say.

"Calm down (Y/n)! Nothing happened. Why would my bro hurt me and ..Er..what did you say he was again?"

You stare at him, your mouth closing slowly. He doesn't remember. Maybe the blood loss caused him to forget, or something like that. You move his hand off your mouth and lie. "D-don't worry, I-I just had a bad dream. ."

"Alight then kiddo. But tibia honest, I kind of guessed that." Sans pours a bottle of ketchup in his mouth, not leaving a drop left .His pinpricks then look up at you.

"So, you wanna come to my place? I need to talk to you 'bout something." You smile and accept the offer. Then it dreads on you that that would mean  you would see Papyrus. Sans then gestures you to follow him, which you hesitantly do.