Ameila Treviano's side of the story

AMELIA TREVIANO'S SIDE OF THE STORY

Amelia Treviano lives in Arcadia Falls, a sleepy Colorado town with a grand total of 12 roads. As the daughter of the town police chief, Amelia grew up a firm rule follower - after all, Chief Treviano (which he'd undoubtedly request Amelia refer to him as such) wouldn't hesitate on arresting his only daughter if she showed any signs of criminal activity.

At the prime age of 23, Amelia has finished college (she went to the University of Boulder, Buffalo's represent!) and moved back in to her childhood bedroom, understandably frustrated with how her life is currently panning out. Despite graduating with her long-wanted Creative writing degree, Amelia's world isn't spinning around at her fingertips as her past 13 year old self had envisioned - she's wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember, yet Amelia can't help but feel as if obtaining her life-long goal should've created a bigger feeling than the one that is currently lodged in her chest.

"I moved home to write."

That was something Amelia reminded herself on a daily basis. She hadn't returned to Arcadia Falls to get her old job back, (waitress at the only diner in town) she hadn't moved back to Arcadia Falls to listen to her fathers same old stories about when her mother had been alive, she hadn't moved back to Arcadia Falls to rekindle her friendships with her childhood friends, (who, seemingly hadn't changed in Amelia's 5 year absence) she hadn't moved back to Arcadia Falls for her high school boyfriend to reprise his roll as the town stalker - Amelia had returned to Arcadia Falls to write.

But that was the problem. She couldn't write.

Despite being submerged in her own personal crisis (ALSO KNOWN AS: WRITERS BLOCK), Amelia can't help but notice that a string of disappearances  are shaking her hometown to the core, leaving her father and the local authorities stumped. It's unlike anything Arcadia Falls has ever seen - over the course of 3 weeks, seven people vanished, seemingly into thin air.

One day they were there, the next they were gone.

Arcadia Falls is situated in the shadow of a mountain, complete with the cliche snow caps and everything - but no small town is complete without a rivalry, and that rivalry is found in Mountain Ridge, the mountain town that's 45 minutes from the base. Since Amelia's return, she can't help but notice the tension between the two towns has grown - to the point of no return.

In her youth, Amelia used to squint up into the fog that surrounded the mountain, hoping to find the town had been a hobby of her's - she'd look for whispers of smoke through the blurry line of trees, she'd follow the old road that wound up the side of the mountain until she lost sight of it.

As the town of Arcadia Falls begins their gradual descent into panic, Amelia finds herself squinting at the mountain even more.

What if something similar is happening at the top of the mountain?

What if people are vanishing up there too?

Our story begins 13 days after Amelia's long - awaited return, where she finds herself in the middle of the case of the century; the case that would make or break her fathers career. 

Amelia Treviano is a rule follower - yet, there is something about Mountain Ridge that is calling her name....and she can only resist it for so long.

Her entire life, everyone in Arcadia Falls has told Amelia to stay away from the mountain - no one went up there (except Leslie Baker, but that was only once or twice - and she had come back down with a frightened look in her eye that had taken 3 weeks to fade) the only time Amelia ever saw anyone from Mountain Ridge is when they sped through the streets on there way to the big city three towns over, not even bothering to stop at the towns only stoplight.

Unable to focus on her feeble attempts of writing, Amelia decides the only way to cure her writers block, is to solve the missing - persons(...plural, seeing that s e v e n people were missing) case, in hopes that the event will inspire her to write once again.

Yet, Amelia can't help but wonder - is the cure for her writers block at the top of that mountain? A better question: how far is Amelia willing to go to cure her writers block?

Pretty damn far. Maybe even the 45 minute drive up the mountain.

But is she prepared for what she will find?
Definitely.
Completely.
Totally.
Not.