before.

a knock came to the door. 

"enter," preston called. The right door [part of a pair of two, heavy and metal] swung open, and two body guards came in. directly behind them was a man. his hair was disheveled, his clothing wrinkled. but what stood out most was the look on his face. lines cut across, and pain was deep in his eyes. his mouth was curved downward, and he looked.... insane. the guards stood 15 feet away from preston, but the man came closer. preston leaned forward in his faux leather chair. 

"i saw - " the man began. 

"ssh. let's start with formalities," preston interrupted. "i am doctor preston thompson. i am director here of a top secret project involving the protection of america. but i hear you have news. something...worse." 

"i am james worth. i was an american spy in germany. i have trained with the csi, fbi and nsa for 15 years. but this time - something is different." james gulped. "i don't know if you heard, but my counterpart in japan was killed." it was preston's turn to gulp.

"i'm sorry." 

"i am too. she was also my wife." james' eyes flashed. as preston opened his mouth to respond, james said "as you can see, doctor, i have sacrificed everything for this mission. i need this to work. all i have is my country. my family." preston smiled grimly. 

"we will get along just fine." he leaned foward in his chair, his elbows hitting the oak desk. "tell me everything you know." 

i know this is short. but its on purpose. this is just a preview, a little before. the first full chapter will be posted on the 3rd of march. hopefully, this gets some votes and comments before then! 

undercase is on purpose. remember that for the whole book. haha (:

xoxo. 

isa.