2

The moment the alarm goes off, I groan into the pillow reaching to turn it off and go back to lala land to my pretty tigers. I soon pick my head up realizing that I had to go work. "Fuck jobs." I curse, rolling out of the bed. I was lucky that Aria's parents were kind enough to take me in and let me use the guest room, which held a small bathroom. But I had no complains. I laugh seeing the dogs on the floor and cat on my bed. How did they even find a way in?

Stripping of my night clothes, the warmth pricks my naked skin. Oregan never got really hot, which was a blessing and usually was warm. I giggle thinking what everyone's reaction would be if it turn super hot. People would think the world was ending.

Turning on the shower, I wait for it to get all steamy as I pick out my clothes for the day. Tossing a pair of jeans and t-shirt on the bed, I grab a sports bra. Going to the circus without one would be a bitch and I should know. Heading back into the bathroom, I felt the water making sure it was all nice and warm. Stretching the sleep away, I let water take over the job, waking me up completely.

After putting on clothes, I put my hair into a tight bun. Finding a bag, I fill it with a few days worth of clothes. I also add some tan eyeshadow and light lip gloss. This was the best that was happening this morning. Taking my phone and charger, I put it in my bag. If I needed anything else, I'm sure Aria will bring it or even mama will. Grabbing a few more thing, I stuff them in, zipping the bag shut.

"Bitch, I need a ride." I say, going into Aria's room and shaking her.

Lifting her head up, she glares at me before actually getting up. "I hate you sometimes." She mutters, placing her glasses on and grabs a simple sweater. "You couldn't ask someone else?"

"Sorry sugar, I like bugging you," I say, slipping on tennis shoes. "I have directions, don't worry." Aria rolls her eyes, slipping into her car and turning it on.

It didn't take long to get to the fairground and was easy to stop because of the giant banner.

Polk Country Fairground, Welcomes the CIRCUS MAURIZIO featuring the MAURIZIO ACROBATS and the famous DHIREN.

Waving my friend away, I walk towards the main building taking in the view. Everything was mostly dirt and the buildings around were small. I saw many trucks lined up with tents and smile. This sure did remind me of Aunt Mia's circus but her's was bigger considering the amount of animals they had. Opening the doors, I look around to see a couple of people. One of them was checking over boxes and seemed to be the leader. Interacting with people is the worst, I think approaching them. "Hi, I'm the new two-week temp." I introduce, he looks me up and down, spitting something on the ground. Gross.

"Go around back, out those door, and turn left. A black and silver motor house is there, just knock."

"Thanks!" I turn on my heels and head towards the motor house. I knock on the door and I'm told to wait a minute. The door opens and the man towers over me, I jump back in surprise. He laughs at reaction as I hold back curse words.

"Don't be scared now-"

"Don't worry, I'm not. Humans aren't as scary as a pack of big cats." I mutter, calming down my heartbeat. The man laughs again, agreeing on my statement.

"And who might you be little lady?"

"The new two-week temp. The names [Y/n] [L/n],"

"That's perfect! Welcome to the Circus Maurizio! We are a little short-handed, and need some assistenza while we are in your magnifica città, eh? Splendido to have you! Let us get a started immediatamente." I twitch my eye at the way he said those certain words. That was going to get annoying. Fast.

He looked at a young blonde, beckoning her over as she walks by. "Cathleen, take this giovane donna to Matt and informare him I desideri—that I wish him to work with her together. He's incaricato to teach her today." Turning to me. "It was a pleasure meeting you, miss [Y/n], I hope you enjoy your stay." Saying my thanks, the man turns and walks back into the motor house.

Following the girl, she welcomes me, the first place we go to is the circus' sleeping area. "You can sleep in my tent, we have a few extra cots." She inputs, going off about her family as we enter the room. I quickly place my bag on an empty cot, the first thing anyone would notice is the costumes hanging everywhere.

"They are all so pretty." I say, looking around as it reminded me of my own performance way back when.

"Thanks, most of them are handmade, a few were bought for certain acts." Cathleen says as we leave the tent. Finding Matt wasn't difficult, I laugh silently as he fails at setting up the ticket stand.

"That's not how you do it." I call out to the brown haired boy, getting him to look up.

"Hey Matt." The blonde quickly adds with red on her cheeks. I grin like a fool realizing the crush. We both help him grab the booth. "This is [Y/n], you'll need to show her how everything works. She'll be helping you for the next two weeks."

"Got it!" He says. "I'll see you, Cath!"

"See ya." She blushes and flutters away. For the next few minutes, he introduces himself, explaining what we would be doing and how he's dad trained the animals, that part really had my attention.

For the next few hours, we basically stocked stuff till we were finished and Matt send me to Cathleen to get a costume. I was actually excited, wearing circus costumes were always fun. Luckily for me, Cathleen let me pick my own and do the make-up. She was even shocked by the outcome of it. I picked out a simple blue and black glittery one, with blue eyeshadow matching it. My lips were colored a simple red with a black spade on the left cheek and a blue heart on the right.

Going back to the ticket stand, Matt gave me a surprised look, even laughing how I would steal the show away. Giving me a small lunch, I quickly shove it down as he explains that we were getting a few bus load of summer camp kids. As the kids ran in, I couldn't help but chuckle as they were surrounding me, asking if I was a performer and commenting on how pretty I was. Pfft, Aunt Mia really did drive in me that customers were always first. Getting on the same level as the children, I go to sell my act, saying I wouldn't be but talk about how many other things were going to be shown.

"Are you all paying together or separately?" I ask with a bright smile while looking at the adults.

"Each will pay their own." She replies.

"Alrighty then!" I say happily, bouncing to my feet. "Let's line up and we can all get our tickets alright?" The kids let out shouts of agreement, following my instructions like I was some sort of god. As I heard the music begin, I waved Matt away, saying I could take care of this myself. I pushed Cathleen with him, saying he would need help getting balloons ready. The girl blushes lightly, letting out shutters.

It really didn't take long to give out all the tickets and when I was sure no one else was coming, I sit down, stretching out my muscles, listening to the music. Humming to it, I jump when hearing a loud roar, like a tiger roar. There a fucking tiger?! I groan realizing at the cost of getting a ship ready to sail, I wasn't able to watch the show. It was my job to take care of customers first.

I felt myself shiver hearing the tiger again, the sound was almost comforting but left me with an uneasy feeling. Like I should be closer to it. Hopping back up, I shake my body, getting the jitters out. I would just have to wait to see the big cat, and honestly, I couldn't wait.