Chapter 24

Ellie's P.O.V

As soon as Ashley was out of sight, I picked up my bag and ran to the school building. I pushed open a pair of double doors and it lead me into the main corridor. It was fairly empty as the British sun had decided to make it's surprising visit. I looked in every classroom I went passed but I didn't find what I was looking for. I looked up and saw Ashley walking towards me, his head down texting on his phone. I really don't have the energy to talk to him right now so I slid into the door closest to me and made no sound as I heard his footsteps echo down the corridor.

"What are you doing here?" I turned around and realised, in my act of panic, had entered the boys toilets. When I looked away from observing the toilets, I looked up and noticed Conor was standing there, with his eyebrows furrowed looking down at me. "What part did you not understand about, 'I don't want to talk to you anymore'" I looked down at my hands and was speechless for the first time ever.

"Conor...I'm leaving in 2 weeks, this is not how I want to spend my time with you..." I looked up at him with sadness in my eyes but his face was just like a piece of plain white paper, blank. "Conor you know it's not my choice! I don't want to leave! Why would I when I know Ashley's going to make your life hell!?" As soon as the words had slipped out, I clamped my hand over my mouth. I wasn't meant to say that.

"Make my life hell? What are you talking about?" I took in a big breathe and realised that I was going to have to tell Conor sooner rather than later. I would much rather have told him later but now it seems that I have no choice in the matter. I took in another big breathe and spilled everything I knew to Conor.

"Ashley's pissed with you Conor. You embarrassed him in front of shit loads of people and what you've done to him is most probably the topic of everyones conversations right now. I asked him to leave you alone, that you were just angry and shouldn't have done it," I saw Conor role his eyes but I carried on, "but he wasn't having any of it. And then when I asked him what he was going to do to you, he said that he was going to make your life hell and when I told him I'd do anything for him not to hurt you, he called me a beggar and walked off."

" He called you a what?" I saw Conor's fist clench and his knuckles had begun to turn white. I stepped closer to him and gently placed my hands on top of his to stop them clenching. He flinched at my touch but soon relaxed. "He shouldn't have called you that Ellie, I've hit him once I can do it again-" I cut Conor off by placing my finger to his lips.

"Out of all the things I just told you, you focus on that one thing, really Conor?" I smirked a little and so did he. "I thought you didn't care anyway..." Conor gave me a disapproving look.

"When are you going to realize that no matter what happens to us, I will always care about you Ellie." I looked down at my feet that were shuffling slightly on the floor and then back up at Conor. "I mean yeah you've really pissed me off, hanging out with that monstrosity of a boy but I'm always going to care about you, whether I like it or not."

"Just...Let me help you Conor with the time I have left..." A frown etched its way onto Conor's face and I mentally groaned at myself for saying something wrong again.

"You're leaving...yeah I almost forgot about that." I watched as Conor turned away and grabbed hold of the sides of one of the sinks in the toilets. He looked up at the mirror in front of him and quickly brought his fist up and threw it at the mirror with a great force. I jumped back as the mirror cracked in many different places. I watched as the mirror shattered and fill from it's original place on the wall. I stared wide eyed at Conor as is breathing became ragged.

"What the fuck Conor?!" I rushed over to him and inspected his fist. His skin had split in many places and I noticed he even had some glass embedded into it. I turned on the tap and tried to clean his hand a little but he pulled it away from my grasp.

"Just leave it, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well you're clearly not fine Conor, you're losing a lot of fucking-"

"I said I'm fine!" Conor grabbed some tissue from one of the cubicles and wrapped it around his hand. The blood soon soaked it up but he didn't care. He pushed past me and quickly excited the room. I closed my eyes and let my mind yell at me, telling me to go after Conor but I mentally yelled back at it, telling it that there is nothing I can do anymore. Me and Conor are a lost cause.