Chapter 28

Ashley's P.O.V-

I was currently sitting in my bedroom, scrolling through facebook. I had many notifications about the post relating to Conor. I smiled to myself thinking of all the possible things I could do to that kid. I heard a 'ding' and realised I had received a message from Ellie. I smiled thinking that she'd want me back so soon.

I opened the message and read it several times, trying to understand what she was telling me.

From Ellie: I hope your happy with yourself. That post you put on facebook made Conor try to end his life himself instead of you. Why can't you just back off and leave us both alone. Go find another toy to play with.

To Ellie: I didn't think you were the type of person to joke about things like this Ellie.

She was joking, she had to be. Conor wouldn't do something that stupid would he?

From Ellie: I wouldn't joke about something like this you tosser. He's back home from the hospital now.

To Ellie: If you think this bothers me in the slightest then you're wrong. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm feeling rather joyful right now. No one cares about him Ellie. Give up on him.

I slammed my laptop screen down and had a plan already forming in my head. I smiled to myself and picked up a jacket from the floor.

***

Conor's P.O.V-

I just sat down in bed but there was a sudden knock at the front door. My mum and dad were at work and it was just me and Jack here. He was told to 'look after me' and he's defiantly been nicer to me after the incident.

"Conor mate could you get that I'm in the toilet." I sighed and got up out of bed. I walked down the stairs and opened up the front door. I quickly gasped and quickly slammed the door but he jammed his foot in the way so I was unable to block him out.

"Conor stop. I'm here to apologise." I stopped fighting with the door and looked up at him. He gave me a sincere smile and rubbed the back of his neck. "Could I come in?" He had an emotion lurking in his eyes which I couldn't pin down what it was. Guilt? Regret? I don't know. I nodded slowly and opened the door for him.

He walked into the living room and began pacing the small room. "Look I'm really sorry about that thing on facebook. I didn't mean it, I was being stupid." I raised an eyebrow at him, not saying anything. "I just wanted to come and apologise as Ellie told me that you tried to commit suicide."

"What exactly are you sorry for?" He walked closer to me and then quickly forced me up against the wall. Fear ran through my body and I was frozen in place.

"I'm sorry that you didn't fucking succeed in the process." He whispered to me. "That's why I'm here. You couldn't do it yourself so I'm going to give you a helping hand." He moved away from me slightly and pulled out what looked like a big kitchens knife. "I need you out of the equation. You've been here too long and now I'm pretty bored of you to be honest." He wickedly smiled at me and my blood ran cold. "Any last words Conor?" Before I could even speak Ashley plunged the knife into my stomach. I let out a small gasp and looked down at the knife implanted into my stomach. "Bye Conor."

"NO!!!" I quickly glanced to my left and saw Jack standing there with rage filling his eyes. He ran towards Ashley and tackled him to the ground and hit him multiple times in the face. I however slid down the wall that Ashley had shoved me against. I held onto the knife inside me and quickly pulled it out. I was in excruciating pain and was feeling weak due to the rapid blood loss. I pressed both hands to my wound and glanced up at Jack. He was towering over Ashley and was still hitting him. I managed to croak out his name and he snapped his head up to my and rushed over to me, putting his hands on top of mine.

"You're going to be okay Conor alright! Just stay awake." I nodded, my eyes wide as I was so scared right now. Jack grabbed the land line and called for an ambulance. I watched as Ashley got up and sneaked out of the front door quickly. Jack came back over to me and his eyes were watering. "Does it hurt?" I nearly rolled my eyes at his stupid question but instead I just nodded my head. "Okay well the ambulance will be here soon Conor just hand in there." I nodded my head once again but my eyes were heavy and were begging me to close my eyes so that's what I did. I heard Jack speaking me, telling me to open my eyes but his voice became muffled and for that I was grateful.