Twenty

Harry Styles was back home, trying to do some work before he retired for the night but hadn’t been able to concentrate. His lunch with Vicki had been going really well until when they’d run into Troy who’d also been at the restaurant with a client of his.

Troy had pulled him aside and asked what he had brewing with Vicki and he’d told him they were just friends wondering what his concern was about. Troy had then asked if he knew he’d been married twice already and both husbands had died? Both had been really wealthy and he’d been left with everything after their death. This information had left him stunned for some minutes.

Victor had never mentioned that he’d ever been married, he’d left him with the impression that he’d never been married. He would have thought he would have talked about it since they’d talked a lot about themselves. It had left him wondering why he’d left such an important part of his life out of their conversation.

Victor knew he was interested in him and he also got some interested vibes from him so why hadn’t he opened up about it? He didn’t like it when people kept things from him, to him it was the same as lying.

The intercom in his study rang and he picked it up.

“Yeah?” He said

“Sir, this is Mike from security. There’s someone at the gate by the name of Louis Tomlinson and he’s asked to see you.”

“Louis?” He said frownng, Louis was at his gate?

“Sir?”

“Yes, please let him in.” He said “Bring him down to my house.”

“Okay, Sir.”

He glanced at the clock, it was a quarter to eleven, what was he doing out so late? He stepped out of the study, going down the hall to the front door where he waited until his car came down. It was the company car he’d had admin get for him, after going through his query the week before where he’d blamed the distance of his house to town ,riding buses that had to stop to pick people coupled with the hold up on the roads, he’d sent a message to the admin guys on getting him a company car fast.

It was his entitlement being a P.A to the C.E.O. Just like the managers and senior directors in the company, he was entitled to a car and an allowance on housing, so maybe he could move out from wherever he was staying at the moment.

The moment he stepped out of the car, Harry saw that all wasn’t well. He hurriedly went to meet him. He didn’t look good and was still in that day’s office outfit.

“Louis.” He called taking his arm and turning him to look at him properly “Louis, what is it? Is it your mother?” He’d been crying, his eyes were swollen and red.

He shook his head “Its not my mother, my mothers fine.” Louis managed, his voice barely a whisper.

Okay, that was good then. “Let’s go in.” Harry said, putting an arm around his shoulders, he assisted him into his house.

“I’m really sorry for barging in on you like this,” He began but he shushed him.“Shhhh, it’s okay, I really don’t mind.” He said leading him into the living room, on to a sofa. “Do you need anything to drink?” He offered but he shook his head.

“No thanks.” He said as he dabbed at his eyes with the handkerchief in his hands.

He sat down beside him “So, what’s the problem?”

Louis shrugged “It’s so stupid, I really shouldn’t involve you. I came here because I had no one else to go to and I really didn’t want to be alone….”