A Girl Like That

Continued
8:13 PM

Phillipa, Nastasia, Phoebe, and Judah sat in Scotts SUV while they waited for the police to finish up. Scott had stayed in the apartment to make sure Cody didn't leave or try to hurt anyone before the cops showed. Once they arrived they wanted to get a statement, so Pippa and Phoebe were waiting with the kids in the car.

Out of desperation, Pippa tried to call Lin three times, but he didn't answer, so she figured he was just busy. Therefore, she called Jasmine for help. "Where are you, now?" Jasmine asked through the speakerphone. Pippa leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes.

"We are in Scott's truck with his fiancé and son," Phillipa answered, grabbing a gasp from Jasmine. She looked to the backseat to see her daughter asleep and Phoebe burping Judah.

"Scotty has a fiancé and kid? Is she pretty? Why didn't you tell me? When can I meet her?" Jasmine bombarded. Pippa playfully rolled her eyes and Phoebe giggled at the questions.

"Jazzy, she can hear you and that's not important right now. Right now, I need you to call Lin. I think he's ignoring me, but I need to talk to him about," Pippa trailed off hoping she wouldn't have to tell Jasmine the obvious reason.

"Yeah okay. Give me a sec. I'll call him off of Ant's phone," Jasmine replied. Pippa nodded and sat her phone on her lap. She watched the cop lights flash throughout her brother's barely tinted windows and waited for Jasmine to come back. The young mother kicked her legs over the middle console and let her feet slip into the driver's seat. She took a quick glance at her baby girl in the back seat asleep.

"God, I hope he's dead," Pippa whispered, as she turned back to the driver's side window. But with her luck, she watched the cops haul off her baby daddy through the front of her building. "So close," Pippa whispered. Soon, Scott ran from the front entrance and hopped in the car. He slid under his sister's feet and shut his doors. Out of instinct, he locked the doors, then turned to his family.

"How are you doing?" He checked. Pippa shrugged and pointed to her phone.

"I'm fine, just waiting for Jasmine to come back and tell me if Lin is answering," Pippa answered. Scott nodded and turned to Phoebe.

"Can I see him?" He asked with his arms outstretched. Phoebe nodded and passed their son to his father. "Is Stas okay? Does she need anything? Are you good? I can go back and get something if-"

"Scott, calm down. Take a break. Hold your son. Just relax. We are okay," Pippa smiled. She nodded and watched her big brother take a deep breath and go into father mode.

10:27 PM

Lin sat on the couch with Chris and Leslie. The guys came over to help cheer him up, but all Lin wanted was a drink. A drink he didn't have because Karen came through his house and ransacked it. He watched she and Mandy take out all of the alcohol out of his immediate vicinity all night. He cried three times in the night. The first time was because he was pissed that they were taking his alcohol. Then, he cried because he was mad that he let himself slip. Lastly, he was pissed that he let a girl do that to him. Then again it wasn't just any girl. It was the love of his life, and the mother of his child...almost. He loved Pippa. Not only that, but he was in love with Pippa. But tonight, his boys were determined to either help him get over her or get under her. There was no in between. "Hey guys, hold up. Ant is calling," Chris said as he picked up Lin's phone. He slid the answer button and put his phone on speaker. "What's up, Ant?" Chris asked.

"It's Jasmine. Where the hell is Lin?" Jasmine yelled. Lin's eyes went wide.

"Why?" Daveed asked.