Consequences

2 Weeks Later

Pippa sat at the bar texting the group chat of Reneé, Jasmine, Nicolette, Karen and Mandy. She was bored because Lin wasn't home again for the sixth time in two weeks. Pippa had no idea where he was and couldn't get in contact with him. He ignored her text and declined her calls like no other. And she was pissed. Lin missed her doctors appointment, Ronni's first photo shoot, and Sebastian's first fallen tooth. Not to mention his first pair of glasses. Lin didn't even bother to show up to Hamilton rehearsals. In a normal setting Pippa would be worried, but she didn't have time to be worried. She was twenty-four weeks pregnant and the kids had her stretched too thin. Nastasia had soccer and softball practice. Ariana had gymnastics and cheer. Sebastian had all of his science studies and fairs. And Ronni had shoot after shoot every other day. She didn't have time to wonder if Lin was coming home drunk, or at all.

"Mommy!" Sebastian screamed. Pippa hopped off the bar stool and ran up the stairs as fast as she could. When she hit the little kids play room, her fast went pale. Ariana was standing over Nastasia with a pair of scissors and a chinch of Nastasia's ponytail.

"Oh, my, gosh," Pippa gasped she took the scissors and hair from Ariana. She laid the scissors on the Mickey Mouse table to fully examine the amount of hair in her hand. "What are you doing?" Pippa tried not to scream. Nastasia sat up and smiled.

"I got my second hair cut," she chirped. Pippa wanted nothing more than to cry in that moment. She spent forever growing out her daughters hair and in a matter of seconds she was holding a fist full of it. Pippa quickly pulled Nastasia into the bathroom and sat her on her step stool.

"Take your hair down," Phillipa angrily demanded. Nastasia smacked her lips as she pulled the purple elastic out of her hair and shook it out. Pippa grabbed the brush and smoothed out Nastasia hair to see what the damage really looked like. From the behind her hair looked fine, but from the front it was horrifying when Nastasia pulled all her hair to the front. At least in Pippa's mind it was horrifying. It wasn't too bad it was only a section about six inches thick that was way shorter than the rest of her hair. "Ugh," Pippa scoffed as she threw the hair in her hand away and went back into the play room. "No more scissors. You use scissors when an adult is around and watching. That's it," Pippa said. She grabbed the scissors off their little table and stormed out of the play room. Sebastian looked at his sisters and shook his head.

"I told you mommy would not be happy!" He gloated before going back to his coloring book. The girls rolled their eyes and punched both of his shoulders.

"Whatever," Ariana replied.

"Yeah, whatever," Nastasia copied. Lately it seemed like Ariana was being a bad influence on Nastasia and somehow Sebastian always got the short end of the stick with them. Too bad his dad isn't around to notice and his mom is too busy to put a stop to it.

11:30 AM

Pippa headed back to her station at the counter, but was stopped at the couch when a huge round lig hit her side. She leaned on the back of the couch with her hands on either side of her stomach, while she tried to breath through the pain. And because she was so focused, she didn't hear her phone ring or Ronni, Hailee, or Sophie come in. "Is she okay?" Hailee asked when they passed by. Ronni didn't even look at Pippa but nodded as she pulled them up the stairs.

"She's fine, it happens all the time," Ronni rushed. She pulled her friends up the stairs and to her room.

"Why are you in such a rush? We have all night," Hailee asked. Ronni shut her door and leaned against it.

"I need to get laid," Ronni sighed. Hailee and Sophie looked at each other then glanced back at her.

"What? Why?" Sophie asked. Ronni sat on her bed with her friends.