What a wonderful life

You smiled as you sat down on the bench. Ruby (A/n just pick a name you like) ran after Dougal, laughing when she caught him and frowning when he disappeared. She reminded you of yourself when you were younger. She had the same (h/c) hair and big (e/c) eyes. Freckles were scattered all across her joyous face. You were so lost in thoughts, you didn't hear your husband Newt come up behind you.

"Newt, you scared me." You said, jumping when you suddenly felt his arms wrap around you. 

"I'm sorry, love." He apologized, lightly pecking your cheek.

He softly pulled you onto his lap, his fingers absentmindedly brushing your hair. The sound of his steady heartbeat made you feel at peace. You wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer to you. As you were about to fall asleep, you felt a little hand brush against your leg.

"Mommy, daddy, come play with me!" Your daughter squealed. (A/n is it just me or does that sentence sound kinda creepy?) She pulled you up from your comfortable position and giggled as Newt picked her up, putting her on his shoulders. Together they ran into the open field.

"What a wonderful life." You whispered to yourself as you jogged behind them. You couldn't help but smile at the thought that you and Newt made something so precious. Ruby was your life now, and you loved it.

A/n I know this is really short, but I hope you liked it. I actually wrote this during french class, yeah for some reason I think about little kids during class *intrest pedoface*