Chapter 4 - Meeting Jelly Bean

Chapter 4 – Meeting Jelly Bean

Once the shock of my announcement had worn off and Owen's lecture had sunk in, the guys all calmed down and we sat and we talked, like really talked. I was being silly thinking that I was the only one that was worried that we aren't ready and what sort of parents we would make. If I had stopped to think about the situation rationally I would have made my announcement a little differently, but everyone knows that pregnant women don't always think rationally, too many hormones zipping about. 

So, today we are all on our way to see Dr Roberts at the hospital for my first sonogram. Dr Sean wasn't thrilled when I asked that he not be my physician through the pregnancy, I think he took it as a slight to his doctoring skills until I explained that I wanted all of them to experience the pregnancy together, at the same pace.

Sitting in North's jeep between a bickering Luke and Gabe is entertaining. They are currently arguing over which one of them will be the babies coolest favouritest daddy. "Oy Luke, there is no way you could possibly be any fucking cooler than me, I mean have you seen my plans for our mini Troubles nursery, I am the shit".

"Man you're killing me here, there is no way that little Cupcake is gonna be interested in the décor, it's all about the food. Chocolate chip pancakes, need I say more".

"Will you two dipshits shut the fuck up. There will be no chocolate chip pancakes for the kid, period." The car goes silent at North's yelling. My eyes flash up to meet North's in the rear view mirror, the kid, he seriously did not just call my little jelly bean the kid. "Oh hell, Sang Baby, you know I didn't mean it like that, please don't cry".

"Cry, I'm not going to cry North Star, I'm contemplating castration, or at the very least cutting you off until the kid is born". This gets girly giggles from Gabe, whilst Luke is throwing very smug looks at the back of his brothers head. "And you two can can it too, no one is going to be the favourite, our jelly bean, heavy emphasis on jelly bean, will love you all equally for your many different traits and skills". With a huff I fold my arms across my chest, I know that I'm pouting but I'm feeling it's justified so they can just deal with it.

Pulling up at the hospital I ask my wisely silent Superman to escort me into the hospital.

I am so excited I'm practically vibrating, I can't wait to see our little wiggly jelly bean. Kota ordered us all some what to expect when expecting books, and every week I have had one of the guys lay in bed with me and tell me what has happened that week, how much the baby has grown and how my body is changing. Of course Sean pretty much knows everything and Kota and Owen have the books memorised. Nathan and Gabe have been completely grossed out about the birth the big babies, you'd think they were the ones that were going to have to push a watermelon out of their vaginas, er butts? Silas and North have constantly got their heads together whispering quietly in Greek, when they're not whispering I find that I'm being distracted by one of them and the other takes over any chores that I'm doing. Luke and Victor have surprised me the most. Victor loves to touch my little pooch, I'm sure he doesn't realise that he plays music on my tummy as he usually does on my ribs. But Luke, he's been invaded by a North pod person. He's been making both of us eat vegetables, there have been no chocolate chip pancakes and he threw out his secret stash of candy bars in solidarity as North has made me a healthy eating pregnancy plan, god love him.

"Good morning Miss Sang. Gentlemen, I'm glad to see that you are all here to support Sang this morning. Well let's get this show on the road shall we. Miss Sang if you hope up on the bed for me and pull your top up over that very nice little bump and your skirt down to just below, we'll squirt some of this cold gel on your stomach and take a peek at baby.... oh I'm guessing it will be baby Blackbourne?"

Wow, I hadn't really thought that far ahead and I'm guessing by the looks on some of the guys faces that they hadn't either. Locking eyes with Owen I know that he wants me to say yes, and it would make sense as we are team Blackbourne. Ok then, with a small smile and nod of my head the decision had been made.

Whilst Kota helps me get settled and Sean moves my top and skirt waistband out of the way, the other guys are all jostling around the bed so that they can all see the screen.

"Right then, let's meet baby Blackbourne. Not only will you see baby today but you'll also hear the heartbeat and I'll be taking some measurements to make sure that baby is growing right on track. Any questions before we start?".

With a round of no's Dr Roberts squirts the gel onto my bump and runs the wand over the right hand sid, he clicks away at the keys on the machine, and then sweeps the wand across to my left hand side and clicks away again.

I can hear the guys quietly talking amongst themselves, but I can't concentrate on any one conversation as I wait for Dr Roberts to show us what he's looking at.

"Right Miss Sang, it seems that we have underestimated you yet again. This little tadpole here looks nice and healthy, 2 arms, 2 legs and all 10 fingers and toes are present. And on this side, meet your jumping jellybean, baby B. Again, all limbs and digits present and correct. So as you can see Gentlemen, you're not having one little Blackbourne, but rather two. Congratulations,, you're having fraternal twins".

As Dr Roberts chortles to himself about dumbfounded dogs and exceptional birds my panic returns ten fold, my thoughts are whirling a hundred miles an hour. I grip Kota's hand so tightly I notice him wince from the corner of my eye. Loosening my hold I turn to look at my guys and blurt the first thing that comes to mind "How is there two. Did you all see that there is two. Two babies" I let loose a nervous giggle, "how am I going to be able to cope with two babies. Twice the mess, twice the feeding, twice the crying. What if one cries and I drop the other one. Oh my god, there's two babies for me to mess up". Now that I've opened my mouth my inner ramblings won't be contained, god I sound stupid to myself, but I just can't stop.

"Breath Pookie, take a deep breath in and slowly let it out again. Good girl, again. That's it just focus on me, in and out. Now how about we all just talk about this incredible news together, and no more brain farts, hmm".

Victor gently manoeuvres Kota away from my side and takes my hand in his "Princess, you continue to amaze me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me two babies". Victor's heartfelt words melt my insides, his eyes blaze with sincerity and I know that no matter what happens in the future this man will always be by my side.

"Aggele I remember my mother, she was a beautiful, kind, gentle, patient woman, but most of all I know that she loved me. She showed me through hugs and kisses and praise, but also by teaching me right from wrong". My big, gentle Superman always trying to reassure me.

"But I don't know how to be a mother to one baby, what am I going to do with two".

"Ten, I don't know how to be a father. None of us know how to be fathers, but I do know that I, we, will not be anything like our own parents. We will be loving, gentle and kind but firm parents".

"Peanut we might not have planned for this, but I for one am excited and willing to be there for you every step of the way".

"Darling, let me ask you something.  Do you think we will all make bad fathers?"

My jaw drops, I can't believe that Owen has asked me that, of course I know that they'll make great fathers. And then I realise what he is trying to say, I can do this, I am going to be a good mother because I know all the things that I would never do to my own child. With a big smile I squeeze Victor's hand and turn back to face the images of our babies.

"Hey my little tadpole and jumping jelly bean, Mommy and your daddies love you both already".