Chapter 5

*andrea's POV*

I wake up and look at the clock rubbing my eyes. Its 8:46 in the morning and I start freaking out, I jump up and then realize its Saturday and we dont have school. I cant fall back asleep so I turn the tv on and Shawn's eyes flutter open.

"Good morning, what time is it?" he says. His slow, raspy morning voice is like music to my ears and his hair is perfectly ruffled.

"Almost 8:50. Do you want to go get some breakfast? My parents got home early this morning. They can drive us to IHOP if you want."

"Yeah sure im really hungry." he slurs, still not awake completely. We get in the car with my mom and dad and drive to IHOP making small talk on the way. We are seated and I have two pancakes. Shawn has one chocolate chip pancake with eggs and hash browns.

"You aren't human. How can you not like eggs? he asks smirking.

"They're disgusting and mushy." I reply and raise my eyebrows. He rolls his eyes and continues to eat. We both laugh as he impersonates people sitting around us, races me in word searches on the paper kids menus, and draws pictures with his ketchup. I love this goofy side of him, hes so adorable. He catches me staring at him while hes childishly drawing.

"What?" he asks half laughing.

"I love your smile" I say and we both blush.

We drive home and we walk to his car parked on the side of the curb. He opens the trunk and pulls out his guitar case.

"Do you want to hear me? If not th-"

"I would love to." I smile. I can't imagine how much more perfect he will sound, if thats even possible, not coming out of my iphone. We walk inside and go downstairs. I sit on the couch and he trails behind me. He pulls his guitar across his lap and starts strumming. He plays a few cords and then starts to play a song. I quickly recognize the song Say Something by A Great Big World. My second favorite of his covers behind Sweater Weather. I hum along to his words and feel so relaxed. His voice is so amazing and I get lost in it instantly. I sway back and forth to his perfect tune and close my eyes. He ends up singing two more of his favorite songs and his original. His phone rings flashing his moms name on the screen. He answers and I hear bits and pieces of the conversation.

"Andrea's"

"Yeah im fine."

"Ok, see you soon. Bye." He presses the screen and walks over to me.

"I have to go home, my mom wants me there for dinner."

"Oh okay" I say, trying to sound less disappointed than I really am. We walk upstairs and he says goodbye and thank you to my parents. We walk to his car and he opens the trunk while I lean against the side. He places his guitar in the back and walks over to me.

"I had an amazing time with you this weekend." He says slowly and torturously inches from my face.

"Yeah me too, im glad we could hang out." I state unable to concentrate with his hot breath on my neck. I can't wait so I lean it and kiss him softly. His foot catches on the car tire and he stumbles back breaking our kiss and we both laugh. I turn away and start to walk back to my house. I feel a hand on my arm pull with enough force to spin my body around to stare into his eyes only centimeters away from mine.

"I didn't get to say goodbye." He says, his voice super low and he stares into my eyes. If I didn't catch myself my knees would have given out. He crashes his lips onto mine and our lips move perfectly together. My body moves against his as my hand moves to his hair and i lightly tug at the roots earning a throaty moan. I pull away knowing that I wouldn't be able to stop if I didn't now. Our foreheads press together and he turns to get in his car. He closes the door and rolls down the window, "see you tomorrow Andrea."

"Bye" i say and wave not thinking I could smile any bigger. He drives down the street and I walk through my front door. I was going to sleep well tonight.