[5]

chapter 5 | namjoon

chapter 5 | namjoon

-

"wait what?"

seokjin smiled lightly, a heavy blush upon his cheeks. "i said i like you too namjoon."

studying the, now cold, coffee in the mug in his hand, he smiled. namjoon smiled for the first time in what felt like an eternity. and it was all thanks to the day brightener, kim seokjin.

he knew kim seokjin was something special as soon as he laid eyes on him. the beauty made his head spin, his personality made namjoon's heart beat twice as fast and he was so hung up that all the deep overthinking namjoon was used to doing has been reduced and replaced by his head going fuzzy and all the thoughts just spilling out.

"let me take you out somewhere nice then."

seokjin grins, "what do you have in mind?"

pondering for a moment, namjoon's eyes scanned over the cafe trying to muster up a good date idea that they could go on together, "i don't know if you're into things like this but the museum is doing an exhibit next weekend and i was wondering if you'd maybe, want to go with me?"

the younger watched as seokjin smiled, pulling his scarf around his neck, his heavily blushing cheeks pressing onto the soft cotton. "of course, i can't think of anything better to spend my weekend doing."

the look on namjoon's face was a prize itself, his face all lit up and an extreme may bright smile spread across his dimpled cheeks. "really?! that's great! i'll pick you up at 3 then?"

"of course, i can't wait."

-

seokjin

-

the trek back home was nerve wrecking as seokjin had forgotten all about his spat with yoongi.

spending time with namjoon always made his problems just fade out of existence, even if it was only for 30 minutes, seokjin always felt like he was drifting on cloud nine simply because namjoon was a safe haven, a warm feeling on a horrible day that got seokjin's stomach doing a full gymnastics routine.

his feet found themselves stopping at the familiar apartment door, the doorknob clutched on his left hand as he slowly pushed it open, hoping that yoongi had either gone out or was working.

poking his head around the door a couple of times he slipped past after feeling the 'all clear' sense that yoongi was not in the flat.

breathing a sigh of relief, the brunette slipped down the side of the now locked door. he slipped off his shoes and kicked them to the other side of the hallway and then finally decided to stand up, making his way into the living room where the argument had taken place just hours before.

the coffee stained remained on the carpet and seokjin swore to himself as there was no way that was coming out, but yoongi had other things to think about than the stain and jin respected that.

"you're home."

seokjin turned to the source of the voice, his eyes laying upon yoongi who was stood in the doorway, the sweater he was wearing looked awfully familiar but he couldn't quite put a finger on where it was from.

oh that's right- seokjin's closet.

"i-is that my jumper?"

yoongi just let out a small laugh, "is that seriously the first thing you have to say to me."

seokjin just blushed with embarrassment, letting out his own little laugh. "i'm sorry yoongs, i overstepped my boundary, i had no right to snap at you."

"no you're right, i am delusional, i do still love hoseok." yoongi just looked at his socked feet that where nervously tapping the floor.

the elder just let a small smile rest upon the lower half of his perfectly sculpted face as he traveled across the carpeted room to the doorframe to pull the shorter of the two into a hug.

yoongi's arms automatically wrapped around seokjin as this wasn't a new form of affection for them, these two were very close after all.

"i have a date this weekend." seokjin said into the hug, feeling yoongi relax under his arms.

"holy shit really!?" the shorter pulled back from the hug, almost toppling the pair of them over, "you haven't been on a date in at least seventy years."

"I cannot believe you'd disrespect me like that!" a fake gasp passes seokjin's lips as yoongi stifles a laugh.

"you look pretty good for seventy, hyung."

earning himself a shove, yoongi laughs using the doorframe as support as seokjin holds his own laugh in, "moving on, it's at the museum. it should be pretty fun, i mean namjoon picked a perfect place and he's so perfect himself and- oh my god yoongi why can i help you with your repressed love life but not my own!"

"down boy down. look, namjoon seems pretty laid back, i just say you make out with him behind a statue and wow! you've got yourself a soul partner."

"why does your mind continuously go to making out behind miscellaneous objects." jin raises an eyebrow.

"you tell me, if it works, you know who to thank." and with that, yoongi shuffled back into his bedroom.

"thanks yoongi! i'll defiantly take your advice!" the sarcasm may have been strong but that didn't stop seokjin from imagining what it would be like to 'make out' with namjoon behind an artefact at the museum.

only time would tell.

fuck you yoongi.

-

a/n rushed update sorry